title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "The" Artist & Album Handling

"The" Artist & Album Handling

When I have "The" Artist & Album Handling setting to "Smart" it still displays "The Beatles" under "T" instead of "The Beatles" under "B".Currently running Version R6.4 on my QNAP. What am I doing wrong?Thanks.

Administrator

Re: "The" Artist & Album Handling

First check that no beetles tracks have a sort value set to 'The Beetles' that would force under The listing

This happens with all "The" artists.The Birds, The Doors,etc,etc. Sorry but I don't know what you mean by "no beetles tracks have a sort value set to 'The Beetles'" I'm not very tech savvy.

Administrator

Try setting it to [value], the

I've installed the trial version of R7.2 and I'm using the Synology DSM6 version -

Capture.PNG

My initial impressions of using Asset are extremely positive, with the speed of browsing being infinitely better than when using Synology's Media Server. However I seem to be having an issue with the function of 'The' handling option, when switched to 'Smart' -

Capture.PNG

Unfortunately, the Album Artist view fails to physically display relevant artists (such as The Beatles) alphabetically under anything but 'T'. The same goes for the Album view, so "The Best of Ella Fitzgerald" isn't displayed under 'B'. Am I missing something somewhere, as I've tried to ensure my Browse Tree is quite simple -

Capture.PNG

Any assistance or guidance here would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Administrator

Have you triggered 'Rescan Refresh all' after changing the 'The ' option? if not you need to.

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for the response, but yes, the full rescan has been triggered a couple of times. Unfortunately to no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Have you triggered 'Rescan Refresh all' after changing the 'The ' option? if not you need to.
    As per my previous post, full rescans were done. Any guidance beyond this?

Thanks

Administrator

We are looking into it.

Many thanks.

Super Moderator

Thanks for the bug report.

Please open Asset settings, Troubleshooting, download configuration dump (normal) and email the file to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis.

Super Moderator

Please also post (or email) a picture of the app you use to browse Asset library showing incorrect ordering, to be extra sure of what exactly happens.

Email with config dump and pictures sent.

Super Moderator

Thanks for the data.

Please set &*8220;Artist Sort Handling&*8221; option in General Settings to something else than &*8220;Ignore Sort Values&*8221;; this should cause Asset to show your artists and albums in correct order.

We&*8217;re revising the naming of these options to make it more clear what they do - &*8220;Artist Sort Handling&*8221; actually affects listing of albums also.

Thanks for looking into this.

I understood the whole idea of the 'Ignore Sort Values' option was to instruct Asset to only use the actual Album and (Album)Artist tags, rather than any additional 'Sort' tags included in the metadata. The expectation is then for the option for 'The' handling to then be applied to the values retrieved from those tags.

Or am I misunderstanding the roles of the options?