title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Command line question: dbwpoweramp -> MP3Tag

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Command line question: dbwpoweramp -> MP3Tag

I read through the command line documentation, but I am stuck with the following question:
    I want to right click on the selected files in MP3Tag, "send" them to dbpoweramp converter and there, just invoke ReplayGain and let it calculate ReplayGain "Track, Album Gain & iTunes Album Normaization" (NOT apply it, just calculate).
    In MP3Tag's settings under "Extras / Options", there is a setting called "Tools", where you can define the path to an .exe and add the appropriate command line entries.
    That's, where I am stuck:
    - what .exe should I invoke?
    - what are the appropriate commands?
    - how do I handle the command for the filename? I cannot specify a filename for the FLAC file, since the files are directly handled/sent from within mp3tag, so it basically is "process any filename with its original name".

Thanks for helping me in that matter

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Command line question: dbwpoweramp -> MP3Tag

Quote Originally Posted by dvdr View Post
    I read through the command line documentation, but I am stuck with the following question:
    I want to right click on the selected files in MP3Tag, "send" them to dbpoweramp converter and there, just invoke ReplayGain and let it calculate ReplayGain "Track, Album Gain & iTunes Album Normaization" (NOT apply it, just calculate).
    In MP3Tag's settings under "Extras / Options", there is a setting called "Tools", where you can define the path to an .exe and add the appropriate command line entries.
    That's, where I am stuck:
    - what .exe should I invoke?
    - what are the appropriate commands?
    - how do I handle the command for the filename? I cannot specify a filename for the FLAC file, since the files are directly handled/sent from within mp3tag, so it basically is "process any filename with its original name".

Thanks for helping me in that matter
    I've tried it with both browsing to the path of "MusicConverter.exe" and "DMCFileSelector.exe".

The latter seems to be more on track, as it opens a single instance of dbpa batch converter. But with all the files selected in mp3tag, they don't show up as a selected path in the batch converter. In a similar mp3tag tool where I call up foobar2000 program, the parameter in the tool is:
    '/add "'%_path%'"'

However, use of this doesn't work in the dbpa context. I suspect proper parameters here would show the path of those files selected in dbpa, but I'm not sure of how to code this.

p.s. I do what you are doing, but I simply use the tool to call the program foobar2000 . Then the files get opened and auto selected in foobar2000. At that point, I right click, choose ReplayGain option, and write RG album/track tags choosing the "treat as one album" option.