title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

speed up when converting from WAV to MP3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

speed up when converting from WAV to MP3

Hi,

sorry if this is a stupid question. I have used this program to convert wav files i recorded via mic directly into my computer to mp3 format. It all used to work fine. I am not sure what I changed, if any but now any wave file converted sounds speeded up, and sounds sort of like mickey mouse I have tried changing all the variables I have during conversion (ie, bit rate, frequency, etc.) but no luck.

I am running win2k and I use a program called Clean to record the wav files. when I listen to wave files prior to conversion, they sound fine. The MP3 conversion is speeded up.

Thanks for your help.

And again sorry if this is an obvious question.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Try converting Wave to Wave, it sounds silly but will tell me if it is the mp3 or wave part.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Hi Spoon,

so after converting from wav to wav, no change, the converted wav file sounded fine with normal speed.

I did find however a strange thing. I was converting from wav to mp3 using the MONO option to save space, since these files are lectures and I don't care for them to be stereo. I changed it to Stereo just for kicks, and the MP3 sounds fine on my computer!!

However, when I play the now ok files in my portable MP3 player (RCA model) it sounds speeded up!!! A friend of mine converted the same lectures using a different converter, and it sounds fine both in my computer and portable MP3 player!!

I use winamp to listen to them in my computer and have an RCA portable Mp3 player.

I am really lost! any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Unregistered

Spoon,

Do you think that the MONO conversion is a bug? Do you have any idea how I can fix the problem with pitch of the converted MP3 being played in my MP3 player?

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Did the mono files sound speeded up in Winamp.

For your RCA player, you are best trying WMA, dBpowerAMP can do WMA files just nicely.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

yes. The mono conversion sounds speeded up in winamp as well.

I'll try the WMA files and let you know.

Comment

• Unregistered

Ok,

I think I have a solution. The WMA did not play on my MP3 Player. As you say in your notes for WMA, it is only played on computers.

So I downloaded new codecs Blad and the 2000 CLI. using blad and at the rate of 196kbps in Stereo mode. I have a good conversion from WAV to MP3.

the CLI 2000, worked fast, but the resulting MP3 sounded very digital and muffled at times!

WOW, I think we have along way to go to make digital recroding as reliable as analog. I can't wait to go home and play one of my LPs.

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...

]]>