title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Windows Explorer won't show bit rate, length - DBPA has taken over

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Windows Explorer won't show bit rate, length - DBPA has taken over

I installed the free version of DBPA just to take it for a test drive. Upon doing so, I am noticing that in Windows Explorer (7), it is not showing the bit rate and length (probably others as well) when I want to see that on a particular song(s). I instead have to go song-to-song using right-click, properties/audio properties tab - to then show the information. Why did DBPA takeover my Explorer?

I'm concerned that if I uninstall it that maybe it has caused irreparable harm to that area. Further, I won't have the benefit of trying out the product. And if I buy the full version, will this also not allow me to see the bit rate or length in the columns under windows explorer.
    To be clear, I can choose the columns I want to view in Windows Explorer - so I have bit rate and length showing along the top row such as Name / Album Title / Type / Size / etc. But under Bit Rate and Length, it won't show me the respective data. I can say with 100% certainty that it did before I installed this free DBPA program.

I would appreciate any input. Thanks!

Administrator

Re: Windows Explorer won't show bit rate, length - DBPA has taken over

Run dBpoweramp Control Centre >> Advanced Settings

Uncheck 'Thumbnail and property handler'

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

That did the trick. Now, is there something else to check or uncheck if I buy this program? I had tested this and noticed it sort of took over the whole windows explorer area. While convenient in some respects, and giving you more control over metadata for example, I'm wondering if I can hide/un-hide DBPA in Windows Explore if I want?
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Administrator

The options are there to configure exactly as you require.

Would you be able to provide where to configure (settings to check) so that my normal windows explorer view can be restored if I decide not to view using DBPA? I don't mean totally uninstalling. I would just like to know where the options are. Or did your previous instruction make that a reality already? (I can't tell because I don't have the full trial version I guess) Thanks!

Administrator

dBpoweramp does not change the view in Windows explorer, however searching in google will show how to change the view.

dBpoweramp Guru

Spoon's prior advice (copied below) will remove the dbpa interactions with windows explorer. You don't need to do anything else. If you want the dbpa interaction back in explorer, just tick the "thumbnail and property handler" again.