title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD-Ripper introducing leading space?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ludwig
    • Dec 2020

CD-Ripper introducing leading space?

Hi there,

CD-Ripper seems to introduce a leading space wenn I use Programmable or Dynamic Naming. My naming algorithm looks like this:

[IFCOMP][album][IFMULTI] - CD [disc][]/[track] - [artist] - [MAXLENGTH]50,[title][][] [IF!COMP][IFVALUE]composer,[IFVALUE]album artist,[composer]/[album artist]/[MAXLENGTH]50,[album][]/[IFMULTI]CD [disc][]/[track]- [MAXLENGTH]50,[title][],[composer]/[MAXLENGTH]50,[album][]/[IFMULTI]CD [disc][]/[track] - [artist] - [MAXLENGTH]50,[title][][],[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist]/[MAXLENGTH]50,[album][][IFMULTI] CD [disc][]/[track]- [MAXLENGTH]50,[title][],[album][IFMULTI] CD [disc][]/[track]- [MAXLENGTH]50,[title][][][][]

There are no leading spaces in the tag fields but in the resulting folder hierarchy the topmost folder name has a leading space.
    E.g. If rip a -non compilation- CD with the following tags
    Composer: "Johann Sebastian Bach"
    Album Artist: "Nikolaus Harnoncourt"
    Album: "Famous Choruses from Sacred Cantatas"
    title: "Cantata No. 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben," BWV 147 (BC A174): Chorus: Herz Und Mund und Tat und Leben"
    I get the following result string: " Johann Sebastian Bach/Nikolaus Harnoncourt/Famous Choruses from Sacred Cantatas/01- Cantata No. 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben,_", which has this unexpected leading space.

What am I getting wrong?

Regards,
    Ludwig
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD-Ripper introducing leading space?

Check on the naming editor that there is no space before the very first [IFCOMP] and that the path setup to rip to has no space on the end.

Also ensure you are using the latest version of dBpoweramp.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Ludwig
      • Dec 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
      Check on the naming editor that there is no space before the very first [IFCOMP] and that the path setup to rip to has no space on the end.

Also ensure you are using the latest version of dBpoweramp.
      Sorry, forgot to mention that sofar I run R16.8 under Catalina.
      Thanks for the advice, Spoon. I did as you said. There was no space before the very first [IFCOMP] and the path setup to rip to had no space on the end. I then downloaded the trial version of R 17.3, used it, and the leading space disappeared. I find it sad that as a happy user of R16.8 I am forced to upgrade not for a new feature but for a bug fix. Or maybe I am misunderstanding something here?

regards,
      Ludwig

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you are ripping CDs then R17 is very much needed for the recent external metadata provider changes:

R2023 included many updates to the ever changing metadata landscape, in the recent years: All Media Guide (AMG) service has been discontinued freedb.org has also been discountiuned musicbrainz updated their servers, resulting in R16 or older not being able to read the metadata R2023 addresses all these issues and providers
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

The extra space does seem to come from your pattern:
          Code:
          ...[][] [IF!COMP]...
          It appears that updated filename sanitization behaviors of R17 remove it, but you don't really need R17 work around this.

Comment

• Ludwig
            • Dec 2020

Thanks again for the hint. I just bought R17.

Comment

• Ludwig
              • Dec 2020

Thank you very much. I stand corrected. I checked for the space before the [IFCOMP] but not before the [IF!COMP].

Comment

Working...

]]>