title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD-Ripper introducing leading space?

CD-Ripper introducing leading space?

Hi there,

CD-Ripper seems to introduce a leading space wenn I use Programmable or Dynamic Naming. My naming algorithm looks like this:

[IFCOMP][album][IFMULTI] - CD [disc][]/[track] - [artist] - [MAXLENGTH]50,[title][][] [IF!COMP][IFVALUE]composer,[IFVALUE]album artist,[composer]/[album artist]/[MAXLENGTH]50,[album][]/[IFMULTI]CD [disc][]/[track]- [MAXLENGTH]50,[title][],[composer]/[MAXLENGTH]50,[album][]/[IFMULTI]CD [disc][]/[track] - [artist] - [MAXLENGTH]50,[title][][],[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist]/[MAXLENGTH]50,[album][][IFMULTI] CD [disc][]/[track]- [MAXLENGTH]50,[title][],[album][IFMULTI] CD [disc][]/[track]- [MAXLENGTH]50,[title][][][][]

There are no leading spaces in the tag fields but in the resulting folder hierarchy the topmost folder name has a leading space.
    E.g. If rip a -non compilation- CD with the following tags
    Composer: "Johann Sebastian Bach"
    Album Artist: "Nikolaus Harnoncourt"
    Album: "Famous Choruses from Sacred Cantatas"
    title: "Cantata No. 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben," BWV 147 (BC A174): Chorus: Herz Und Mund und Tat und Leben"
    I get the following result string: " Johann Sebastian Bach/Nikolaus Harnoncourt/Famous Choruses from Sacred Cantatas/01- Cantata No. 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben,_", which has this unexpected leading space.

What am I getting wrong?

Regards,
    Ludwig

Administrator

Re: CD-Ripper introducing leading space?

Check on the naming editor that there is no space before the very first [IFCOMP] and that the path setup to rip to has no space on the end.

Also ensure you are using the latest version of dBpoweramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Check on the naming editor that there is no space before the very first [IFCOMP] and that the path setup to rip to has no space on the end.

Also ensure you are using the latest version of dBpoweramp.
    Sorry, forgot to mention that sofar I run R16.8 under Catalina.
    Thanks for the advice, Spoon. I did as you said. There was no space before the very first [IFCOMP] and the path setup to rip to had no space on the end. I then downloaded the trial version of R 17.3, used it, and the leading space disappeared. I find it sad that as a happy user of R16.8 I am forced to upgrade not for a new feature but for a bug fix. Or maybe I am misunderstanding something here?

regards,
    Ludwig

Administrator

If you are ripping CDs then R17 is very much needed for the recent external metadata provider changes:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...6-R15-R14-etc)

Super Moderator

The extra space does seem to come from your pattern:
    Code:
    ...[][] [IF!COMP]...
    It appears that updated filename sanitization behaviors of R17 remove it, but you don't really need R17 work around this.

Thanks again for the hint. I just bought R17.

Thank you very much. I stand corrected. I checked for the space before the [IFCOMP] but not before the [IF!COMP].