title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbPoweramp isn't picking up metadata but does find cover art.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rob22
    • Dec 2020

dbPoweramp isn't picking up metadata but does find cover art.

Good afternoon.

I have the paid for version, Reference. I've allowed dbPoweramp access through the Windows 10 firewall but its not picking up any metadata. The first time this happened I assumed the CD was too new but this is the second time there has been an issue. Foobar 2000 picked it up the correct metadata in an instant. Oddly as soon as I entered the CD title, dbPoweramp found the right cover art!

I'm struggling to see what more I can do to help, which I need as my typign is rbbuish.

Can anyone assist please?

Thanks.

Rob.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dbPoweramp isn't picking up metadata but does find cover art.

Check that the registered version is installed, from Control Centre it should say 'Reference Registered'

Also on the 'Advanced Settings' page that 'Allow dBpoweramp to access Internet' is checked, and the connect through proxy server is unchecked.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Rob22
      • Dec 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
      Check that the registered version is installed, from Control Centre it should say 'Reference Registered'

Also on the 'Advanced Settings' page that 'Allow dBpoweramp to access Internet' is checked, and the connect through proxy server is unchecked.
      First thanks for the quick reply.

Second, sadly, I'm both registered (fully registered, no restrictions) and all dbPoweramp access to the internet is checked as per and connect through the proxy server is unchecked.

Irritatingly the program has been working fine for ages but I suspect a Windows update has interfered where it shouldn't.

Is there anything else I can do?

Regards,

Rob.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Which version of dBpoweramp do you have?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Rob22
          • Dec 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
          Which version of dBpoweramp do you have?
          Release 16.6 [64 bit].

I've just noticed that there is an upgrade available. I'm not sure how I missed that. Ought I buy this to solve the problem?

Rob.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

See:

R2023 included many updates to the ever changing metadata landscape, in the recent years: All Media Guide (AMG) service has been discontinued freedb.org has also been discountiuned musicbrainz updated their servers, resulting in R16 or older not being able to read the metadata R2023 addresses all these issues and providers
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Rob22
              • Dec 2020

Understood, thank you. I've bought the upgrade, now I need to buy some more CDs to try it out!

Thank you.

Rob.

Comment

• Rob22
                • Dec 2020

Understood. I've bought the upgrade and now I just need some new CDs to try it out.

Thank you.

Rob.

Comment

Working...

]]>