title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: AIFF > FLAC Conversion release date tags (and other tags) problem

AIFF > FLAC Conversion release date tags (and other tags) problem

AIFF > FLAC Conversion: Release date tag (and others: eg BPM, KEY) not being read by other software (Rekordbox 6.4.1, Meta Tag Editor and others)

When I convert from AIFF to FLAC these Tags are not read. When viewing with Tag Editor it shows the Release Date Tag (and others) but when viewing with other s/w eg switch, Meta tag editors, Importing into Rekordbox they are not there. Rekordbox does not see them even if I add them using Tag Editor or any other tag editor. This problem is not there when converting from same AIFF file to other Formats eg MP3 320kbps AAC etc. I have spoken to Pioneer and other relevant support people for the other s/w. They state it might be an issue with the conversion. I'm using dBpa Release 17.3 (2)registered. I have tried toggling date fields, adding packing at start to no avail. Any guidance or pointers to resolve would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Administrator

Re: AIFF > FLAC Conversion release date tags (and other tags) problem

Install 'Audio Info', from:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-utility.htm

Then select the AIFF, right click >> Convert to, choose Audio Info as the encoder, check the box 'extensive audio information', convert and copy and paste the result here. Do the same for the FLAC file please also.

Apologies, I should have stated that I am using an Apple Mac (MacOS Catalina)

The link you sent was for windows.

Do you have a Mac OS Version?

Administrator