title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Style/Content Group Tag Issue

Re: Style/Content Group Tag Issue

Thanks Spoon

It's all a bit of mystery in terms of what's happen to my library but perhaps I should read the release notes a bit more carefully before upgrading in future. As you say I can at least map Content Group back to Style via the ID Tag Processing DSP. One potential problem I've got now is that I'm not sure exactly which files are written with the Content Group tag and which are written with the Style tag....there will be a mixture

I can see that it would be relatively straight forward to map Content Group to Style but what will happen if Content Group doesn't exist in the file but but Style does? Would it be better to do all this with rule manipulation that could test for the existence of certain values etc? Could you suggest a rule that would ensure I don't end up over writing any exist Style tags where they exist?

Administrator

You can test, however I think the style would be left as is.

Ok thanks Spoon

I'll give it a try, might also use the "audio info" codec to see if I can sort the tags and identify those that need some work

@Spoon

Just working through my library and so far so good, however, I have noticed that I have a certain number of rips where I have specified multiple values in the Style field (all separated by "; ") that are not being written into the file as separate tags but rather as a single text field. The rips that work correctly all show multiple Style tags being written into the file as separate entries which I believe is correct for ID3v2.

I've attached a couple of screenshots; one a hex view of the relevant part of the file and another of the IDTag view. Any thoughts how to fix this please?

Hex View.PNG
    ID Tag.PNG

Style tag hasn't been writted into the

@Spoon

So far so good in the conversion from Content Group to Style; all complete. However, I've got a certain number of rips where
    the Style tag has multiple values (all separated by "; ") that are not being written into the actual file as multiple
    Style tag entries but rather a single Style tag containing all values as a single entry.

All the other rips with multiple Style tag entries are written into the file with multiple Style tag entries which I believe
    is the correct method for ID3v2.

I've attached a couple of screenshots; one a hex view of the relevant file section and another of the IDTag view of an example file.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this please?

Hex View.PNG

ID Tag.PNG

Administrator

ID Tag processing with the option set 'Multiple Artists from 'Artist1; Artist 2'', this should put correctly using the latest version.

Just tested it on a couple of albums and indeed it does, thanks

What does that setting actually do, I know you mentioned it earlier but thought you were talking about something else as I was referring to Style and setting refers to Artist but seems to work?

Administrator

Yes it will work on any tags.