title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset recognition of embedded .PNG artwork

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Asset recognition of embedded .PNG artwork

I recently ripped 4 CDs in a series using dbPowerAmp.
    The album artwork for all four CDs was downloaded from the manufacturer's website (Hyperion records) in .PNG format.
    When the four CDs were loaded into Asses, Asset only loaded the artwork for 6 of the files (3 MP3 files, then the same tracks in FLAC). I could check the file with the dbPowerAmp Edit Tag utility in Windows Explorer, and the artwork is seen there with PNG in parenthesis next to it for all of the files I checked.
    I tried resaving and reloading the files, same behavior. I tried (using MP3 Tag) removing the artwork, saving the file, then reloading the artwork. Asset still would not recognize the artwork.
    I then for the first CD converted the artwork file to JPG - after replacing the PNG artwork of the files with the JPG artwork Asset loaded the artwork for all of the tracks on CD 1.

I would surmise PNG artwork embedded in MP3 and FLAC file sis supported by Asset, since some (6 out of over 100), so I suspect there is a bug of some king wherein PNG artwork is only recognized by Asset under some circumstances.

Asset version is R7 for QNAP
    Last edited by RLANE; 12-06-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Super Moderator

Re: Asset recognition of embedded .PNG artwork

Thanks for the bug report.
    Please get Asset R7.1, just released.
    PNG cover handling has been addressed.

Administrator

Re: Asset recognition of embedded .PNG artwork

This was fixed in R7.1