title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Editing Year Field

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamng8456
    • Nov 2020

Editing Year Field

PerfectTunes 3.3

When I edit the Year field and hit enter. It doesn't say its Writing Tags but if I change directories it shows that its writing tags.

It also doesn't seem to take changes (year) if I edit something else along with the year. For example if I edit the Artist AND year, it only takes the Artist changes and not the year changes.

The Disc field seems flat out broken. Nothing I do seems to have any effect at the top box. I have to edit each track one at a time.
    Last edited by jamng8456; 12-05-2020, 01:28 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Editing Year Field

How do you change the year? on the list of all tracks, or an individual track edit?

For which Audio format? and how are you verifying that the year and disc numbers are not writing? which program?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jamng8456
      • Nov 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
      How do you change the year? on the list of all tracks, or an individual track edit?

For which Audio format? and how are you verifying that the year and disc numbers are not writing? which program?
      FLAC files in top box of PerfectTunes ID Tags which is the same place I change it for artists so that it affects all tracks.

I'm using PerfectTunes to verify it. I make a year change, I exit and go back and it hasn't changed. I assume PerfectTunes would pick up its own changes.

The Disc field doesn't do anything for me at all. FLAC files, same way, make a change on top, exit.

It works fine if I edit each track one at a time but that isn't ideal.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I have just tested this, with PerfectTUNES 3.3, browsed to a folder containing FLAC files (on the local HDD), at the top I changed the year and as soon as tab is pressed on the keyboard, PT showed the new year in the track listing, on looking with Windows File Explorer the changes had been written.

Check you are on 3.3, check the files are local.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jamng8456
          • Nov 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
          I have just tested this, with PerfectTUNES 3.3, browsed to a folder containing FLAC files (on the local HDD), at the top I changed the year and as soon as tab is pressed on the keyboard, PT showed the new year in the track listing, on looking with Windows File Explorer the changes had been written.

Check you are on 3.3, check the files are local.
          I think the problem is that I was using the ENTER key. ENTER seems to work for some fields but not other fields. TAB works everywhere. Thx.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It will be because the year is a drop list, not a simple text box.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>