title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Editing before ripping

Editing before ripping

Is it possible to edit the composer tag for individual tracks before ripping the cd or does it have to be done after?

When i try and put a composer in for each track before ripping a CD it seems to put that composer in for every track.

Thanks guys

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Editing before ripping

Quote Originally Posted by Shpongle View Post
    Is it possible to edit the composer tag for individual tracks before ripping ...
    Yes.

When i try and put a composer in for each track before ripping a CD it seems to put that composer in for every track.
    Select/highlight a track (or tracks) individually, then you can add/edit the composer tag for the selected/highlighted track(s).

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Yes.

Select/highlight a track (or tracks) individually, then you can add/edit the composer tag for the selected/highlighted track(s).
    When i highlight a track.....i don't see a composer tag for just that track...all i see is the composer field above which will change all the tracks.

dBpoweramp Guru

When you highlight a track (or a group of tracks) the fields at the top change the values of only the highlighted tracks, not all. Exceptions are album stuff like album artist or album title. But fields like composer, genre, year are by individual track file. Also, the track composers are usually displayed by track (if they aren't, right click on the heading row and add composer as a heading). Then you can click on a composer which will open the composer field of that track to allow you to change it, the same way you change filenames in windows explorer.

Note, this applies to the Windows version, I don't know how the Mac version works.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidj View Post
    When you highlight a track (or a group of tracks) the fields at the top change the values of only the highlighted tracks, not all. Exceptions are album stuff like album artist or album title. But fields like composer, genre, year are by individual track file. Also, the track composers are usually displayed by track (if they aren't, right click on the heading row and add composer as a heading). Then you can click on a composer which will open the composer field of that track to allow you to change it, the same way you change filenames in windows explorer.

Note, this applies to the Windows version, I don't know how the Mac version works.
    Still can&*8217;t work out how to do this. I highlight a track but when I then click on the date the highlighted track turns to grey, I put the date in and all the tracks then have that date.406C771B-5B5E-4EDA-85D0-5EB6BF45B89E.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

Still can't work out how to do this. I highlight a track but when I then click on the date the highlighted track turns to grey, I put the date in and all the tracks then have that date.
    Edit your tags via the Meta tab, located centre/bottom of the CD Ripper main window, with the DSP and Encoder tabs.

dBpoweramp Guru

What revision of dBpa are you using? This feature and how it works with the date and genre were updated a revision or two ago. But I proceed as I described above all the time, with all the tags, and it works as I described.

There is an issue with the date and genre entries at the top involving the scroller on the mouse. Both are drop-down boxes which also allow entries other than the drop-down entries to be made. And if you make an entry in either of those fields and then scroll, the entry scrolls to some item in the drop-down list, even after the cursor is no longer over the date or genre box. It never looses the focus until you actually click on some other field that has an entry box. But that is not the issue you describe.

Super Moderator

There are multiple ways to accomplish this in dBpoweramp.

First, enable Composer column to have a better view of the metadata, by right-clicking / two-finger-tapping column headers-

You can edit all the fields directly in the track list - just double click the field you wish to edit. You can then cycle tracks with up/down cursor keys.

Other than that: editing Composer in top pane, or bottom "Metadata" pane affects currently selected tracks - or all tracks if there's nothing selected.
    Last edited by PeterP; 12-02-2020 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Removed incorrect information, it's the same on Windows