title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Music Converter Add ID Tag Encoder & Encoder Settings ?

Music Converter Add ID Tag Encoder & Encoder Settings ?

Hi,

i´m new here and try the DBPoweramp Trial Version at this time.

My Question is how can i add the Encoder and Encoder Settings via Dsp Effect with automatically values ?

I add DSP Effect ID Tag Processing -> Additions -> Encoder but which Tag value did read the Encoder from DBPoweramp automatically?

and which for Encoder Settings ?

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Music Converter Add ID Tag Encoder & Encoder Settings ?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfox View Post
    Hi,

i´m new here and try the DBPoweramp Trial Version at this time.

My Question is how can i add the Encoder and Encoder Settings via Dsp Effect with automatically values ?

I add DSP Effect ID Tag Processing -> Additions -> Encoder but which Tag value did read the Encoder from DBPoweramp automatically?

and which for Encoder Settings ?

Thanks

In CD Ripper Options, select "Tags and Filenames > Metadata and ID Tags" OPTION and scroll down to "write ID tags" and tick "encoded by", "encoder" and "encoder settings" and all these tag fields will be written when you rip.

dBpoweramp Guru

On conversion, dBpoweramp automatically creates the encodedby, encoder and encoder settings tags (if enabled in the settings), so you don't need to add them.

I addition to garym's comments, you also enable the settings in:
    dBpoweramp Control Center > Music Converter > Configuration > Advanced Settings

However, are you trying to create encodedby, encoder and encoder settings tags, with your own custom values?
    Last edited by mville; 11-28-2020 at 11:47 AM.

The Encoded, Endcoded by and Encoded Settings are in the Audio Properties of the File.

I trie to add the same into the ID Tags too.

The CD Ripper does this automatically but the Music Converter only add it to Audio Properties not to ID Tags.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Starfox View Post
    The CD Ripper does this automatically but the Music Converter only add it to Audio Properties not to ID Tags.
    Perhaps this is a limitation of the trial version. I am using the registered version and when I convert from flac to mp3, all 3 encoder settings tags are automatically added.