title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Adding Files to Foobar2000 Mobile, Not Deleting Old Files From Last Sync?

Exclamation Adding Files to Foobar2000 Mobile, Not Deleting Old Files From Last Sync?

I use Foobar2000 mobile on my iPhone X and would like to use the sync function to simply add new music to my phone.

Every time I drag files into my designated TuneFusion Sync folder and begin a sync, my Foobar2000 app reads a message "Deleting Old Files" before syncing new music.

I do not want old files to be deleted.

Is there a way for me to simply have a sync be additive? I would prefer that my sync folder is not full of literally every single file that I want on my phone, but instead what I want to add.

It's frustrating to add an album and then notice whatever I synced last time is now automatically deleted.

Administrator

Re: Adding Files to Foobar2000 Mobile, Not Deleting Old Files From Last Sync?

Uncheck the advanced option 'Delete destination tracks no longer present in source'

That option was already unselected and has never been checked

I deleted the sync profile for my phone and made a new one and have tested adding music through multiple sync's and it appears that the issue has cleared up for now.

I am uncertain if this was a bug with my phone or the TuneFusion program but either way thank you for the response.

If I could ask one more question, is it possible to have TuneFusion sync songs only with a certain Tag written to them, such as a Foobar2000 "Favorite" tag? If not, I know an easy workaround, but a native solution would be quite nice.

Super Moderator

Thanks for your feedback.

Re favourite tag, feature request noted.

Re original deletion issue-
    Did you perhaps use smart playlist options? I see those may delete old content regardless of the "delete destination tracks no longer present in source" option, we're investigating it.