title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Convert M4P to MP3

Unregistered

Re: Convert M4P to MP3

I hated jumping through all these hoops but the info listed on the GoH site (http://www.gates-of-hell.com/Tutoria...20to%20mp3.asp) worked great. For some reason the zip file the site gave me didn't have the folders it needed to have but that was fixed real quick, I just created them myself. I am always suspisious of using software like this but it worked, I guess I just have to trust that it is safe.

-Scott

Amen to that! :smile2:

Unregistered

Sorry it's not an answer about your question "Senior 05" but I have the same problem.
    I have m4p2mp4.exe
    I have done "Convert.vbs"
    It produced mp4 files ..... Ok
    I have (all) the rights about my M4p files because I have paid for them.
    But there is no sound when I (Try to) heard them through I-Tunes
    And When I want to do Mp3 files with dbpowerAMP, the file produced has 0 Ko (Zero).
    Why ?
    Have you an answer to that ?
    Thanks.

Unregistered

What is the god you are praying for that. I have few words to talk to him ...

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    What is the god you are praying for that. I have few words to talk to him ...

Well, well, well! It appears I have a French fan in the group posting in or reading this thread. Somebody using dyn-83-155-7-94.ppp.tiscali.fr as an ISP who thinks I should take whatever advice I give out here and put it elsewhere, or words to that effect, en français!

So to this French fan of mine I can only say this:

Tu devrais avoir le courage de t'identifier tout au moins. Les mots grossiers que tu m'a envoyés ne font que trahir ton immaturité.

Si j'ai fait une erreur, prouve-la et donne-nous une vraie sollution intelligente et renseignée. Si tu n'as rien d'utile à ajouter, tais-toi.

Unregistered

Just wanted to share a little batch file that I wrote to convert the m4p files to mp4 files en masse usying hymn.

What the batch file is doing is starting at the top level of a directory tree and recursively going up to 2 levels into any subdirectories that it finds and performing the hymn.exe conversion on any file that matches *.m4p

Here it is:
    @echo off && for /f "DELIMS=" %%z in ('dir /ad /b') do for /f "DELIMS=" %%j in ('dir /ad /b "%%z"') do for /f "DELIMS=" %%i in ('dir /b "%%z\%%j\*.m4p"') do hymn "%%z\%%j\%%i"
    - Take the code between the starred lines above and paste it into a text file and save the file as "convert.bat".
    - place convert.bat and hymn.exe in the root of some folder on your hard drive, doesn't matter where.
    - copy your entire iTunes directory tree containing your m4p files into the directory where your hymn.exe and convert.bat files reside.
    - double-click on convert.bat
    - Voila! You can now go into each folder and find that for every m4p file there is a corresponding m4a file.
    - Next step is to go into each folder and use dbPowerAmp to convert the m4a files into mp3 files -- there's been plenty of talk about how to do that already. I only wish that dbPowerAmp had a command line feature that would allow me to script it, rather than having to use my mouse for everything!

What I like about this method is that I leave my categorization of songs into folders by artist and album intact.

Unregistered

The answer you all are looking for:
    http://www.hymn-project.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=128

I don't wunna write the same message twice, so just have a looksy

--man on street

Unregistered

Try running

hymn *.m4p

in the directory with all your itunes music ... that might make it a lot easier to convert your music

(That will convert any file with a *.m4p extenstion in the directory you are in.)

Unregistered

Try running

hymn *.m4p

in the directory with all your itunes music ... that might make it a lot easier to convert your music

(That will convert any file with a *.m4p extenstion in the directory you are in.)
    Well, a simple batch script that would convert and move the m4p file would be something like this:

mkdir Original
    hymn *.m4p
    move *.m4p Original

That works in Windows XP, and will probably work in 2000, but I am not sure about the non-nt kernel operating systems (3.1, 95, 98, ME)

Unregistered

My friend sent me his mp3s he bought from itunes, and itll only play on his computer, so I tried to use Hymn. It's not workin too well... I don't know what I'm doing wrong. When I use Hymn to convert it, it converts and says cannot find DMA.

SecreTEmpirE1

I know of 2 ways. *1 is by going to

http://www.gates-of-hell.com/Tutoria...20to%20mp3.asp

and download the program offered. *2 Or, you can do it my way. After weeks of trying to figure out how, I have finally done it. All you need is a CD and the songs you want. First get all the protected AAC files you want into a playlist. Then burn a CD. When the CD is done, right click on it in My Computer. Choose open. If you look at the file extension type for the files, they say *.cda. This means that they aren't .aac's anymore, and better yet, aren't protected anymore. Then EXTRACT (not drag and drop) the file(s) you want onto your desktop and rename them to *.wav. Then use any .wav to .mp3 converter to convert them. I suggest using the program from gates of hell.com is you have many files. But for only a few files, I suggest using my method. :-)

-SecreTEmpirE1

Unregistered

I did it the long way. I agree, I paid for it, I should be able to edit it, play it on my PalmPilot, etc. Damn them and their eternal paranoia.

This is what I did.
    - use iTunes to create a playlist of the m4p files
    - burn a CD of those files
    - move or delete the original m4p files
    - import the CD

You should be able to use mp3 or WAV or whatever you want. Good luck.
    Hate to bring up a dead topic, but i found this on google, and just wanted to tell you that is illegal. And, furthermore, if you do not have the original file, you might as well not have paid for it in the first place.

Administrator

>and just wanted to tell you that is illegal.

The part you quoted was not illegal, Apple allow CD burning. If you have paid for the m4p file then you can burn it and delete the original, apple does not force you to keep the original files.

Unregistered

A stupid thing I found. If your scared about the RIAA finding out you have songs, heres what you do. Download and install iTunes. Make a copy of your favorite song and rename the copy to .m4p. Put it into iTunes and it will show up as a protected file.