title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: 'Failed to create output file' and 'Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\x\x\etc.'

'Failed to create output file' and 'Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\x\x\etc.'

Love Batch Converter Multi Encoder but...

I'm running 17.2 and had the same problems with 16 on a Windows 10 machine.

Restart, reinstall, upgrade and this:

R16.2 Multi-Encoder 'Failed to create output file'
    To resolve this issue, run dBpoweramp Control Center >> Advanced Settings >> click [Set] next to Filename Restricted Characters and click [Restore Default].

Now Multi-encoder will work.

did not work for me.

Had no problems before today.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Administrator

Re: 'Failed to create output file' and 'Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\x\x\etc.'

Post the full error message please with the full filename, there is a copy to clipboard button on the error page.

Re: 'Failed to create output file' and 'Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\x\x\etc.'

Thank you, Spoon (not only for the help, but also for the great product).

Here it is:

Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'C:\Users\Pas\Music\Blissing\Styx\Come_Sail_Away_T he_Styx_Anthology\Disk 1\02-You_Need_Love.flac' to 'C:\Users\Pas\Music\ALAC Rips\Styx\Come Sail Away; The Styx Anthology\02 Styx - You Need Love.m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Pas\Music\ALAC Rips\Styx\Come Sail Away; The Styx Anthology\02 Styx - You Need Love.m4a' for writing. [clEncoder_ALAC::BeginConversion]

Administrator

Try converting a new folder on the root of drive c: called Test

and convert to that folder, does it work?

Thank you for that. It worked.

But when I tried using the AIFF and ALAC Rips folders as the destination for the files. It failed.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueFan View Post
    But when I tried using the AIFF and ALAC Rips folders as the destination for the files. It failed.
    Can you create files in those folders by hand?

Dat Ei

Administrator

The file and folder names look good to me, it is likely a permissions issue, CD Ripper will not have permission to write to that location:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...nknown-Windows

That worked. Thank you for the great product and awesome support!

Thank you both for the help! It was a permissions issue.