title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Custom Naming

Custom Naming

The default naming scheme for ripping CDs works pretty well for my needs, with one exception - multi-disk albums.

Right now, each disk goes into it's own folder - Disk 1, Disk 2, etc.

I want all the songs from Pink Floyd's The Wall, for example, to go into a single folder, with track numbering adapting appropriately.

How do I write a naming scheme that gives me the current results for single albums, but the above results for double albums?

Re: Custom Naming

In other words, how do I configure the Naming such that multiple disks end up as if they were one?

Administrator

You would do this manually when ripping, ensure the disc number is always 1/1, the album name has no disc number in it, then for the 2nd disc, right click on track one and add a +100 offset to the track number. For disc 3 you add 2x +100 offsets.

dBpoweramp Guru

or just use the disk number as part of the track number, and have all the disks end up in the same folder. Use something like this in the appropriate part of the naming string:

[disc].[track] - [title]

For example, this naming string puts all the multiple discs in the same folder under album name folder, with a disk number in front of track (1.01, 1.02, 2.01, 2.02, etc.). But it only uses the disk number when there are multiple disks for the album (1/3, 2/3, 3/3, etc. when ripping).

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc].[][track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc][].[track] - [title][][]

Oooh Gary, I like that idea. I'll give it a go. Thanks.