title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Crash when trying to scan

Exclamation Crash when trying to scan

I have been using the software for a few weeks and have been delighted with its performance. Most especially the option to scan a cover when ripping a CD. However, recently the program would crash when I selected this option but after re-launching it worked again. Now it crashes every time I try to use the scan option. The ripping works fine and the process for finding artwork online is OK. I am running a iMac with Mojave.

Super Moderator

Re: Crash when trying to scan

Problem noted, thanks for reporting.

I have tested on another computer running High Sierra and it is displaying the same problem

Super Moderator

Please post crash log or diagnostic information that appears with the error message, if any.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Please post crash log or diagnostic information that appears with the error message, if any.
    There is no message - it just crashes and I have to relaunch the application to carry on.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Brilliant! Thanks

I'm running 17.3 on windows 10. When I click "Acquire from Scanner", my scanner boots up, it scans, and then poweramp crashes. Is this a known problem that will be fixed in an upcoming release? Any other ideas how to get around it?

Administrator

We have looked at this in the past, it is the scanner driver which is crashing, not dBpoweramp. The call to do the scanning is one line, it is inside that call the crash takes place.