title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Embedded art thumbnails have disappeared

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sundiegojc
    • Jan 2005

Embedded art thumbnails have disappeared

Yesterday I updated PerfectTunes to ver.3.3 and restarted my Windows 10 PC.
    Upon restart, none of my audio file icons display their embedded artwork in the Windows Explorer thumbnails, or in the Explorer preview pane. All of my audio files contain embedded art. DbPoweramp's "edit ID3 Tag" context menu confirms that the artwork is present.
    I tried reinstalling dBPowerAmp reference 17.2, but with no improvement.
    I also tried rebuilding the Win 10 thumbnal cache - also to no avail.

Help me Obiwan Spoon, you're my only hope!

P.S, icons for non-audio files (videos, for example) still display correctly.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Embedded art thumbnails have disappeared

For which type of audio files?

PerfectTUNES is not involved in displaying thumbnails. dBpoweramp will be, but only for formats not handled by Windows natively.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sundiegojc
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by sundiegojc
      Yesterday I updated PerfectTunes to ver.3.3 and restarted my Windows 10 PC.
      Upon restart, none of my audio file icons display their embedded artwork in the Windows Explorer thumbnails, or in the Explorer preview pane. All of my audio files contain embedded art. DbPoweramp's "edit ID3 Tag" context menu confirms that the artwork is present.
      I tried reinstalling dBPowerAmp reference 17.2, but with no improvement.
      I also tried rebuilding the Win 10 thumbnal cache - also to no avail.

Help me Obiwan Spoon, you're my only hope!

P.S, icons for non-audio files (videos, for example) still display correctly.
      All of my audio files are displaying this behavior - flac, mp3, m4a (most of my library is flac).

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Those formats are all self handled by Windows, see this to replace them with dBpoweramp:

Windows 10 comes with the ability to read ID Tags for a bunch of standard codecs such as: mp3, wave, flac, m4a, opus, ogg The issue can be, that Microsoft do not support the full range of ID Tags that dBpoweramp does, such as Wave ID3 chunk, or the full subset of id3v2.4 tags. Even worse for opus and ogg Microsoft do not read
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sundiegojc
          • Jan 2005

Completely uninstalling and reinstalling DbPoweramp, with RevoUninstaller Pro (to remove residuals left behind by DbPowerAmp) solved the problem. Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...

]]>