title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: please help, got big problem with editing the browse tree

please help, got big problem with editing the browse tree

hi

Since 3 days I’m testing Asset R 7.0 trial on a mac mini server i7-2012 OSX Mojave and got Linn Kazoo for mac/iPhone/iPad…
    ...first to say asset is great app, fast and not as buggy as twonky.

before I buy the registration to premium I’m testing options, but without sucess:

everything I do = editing in preference window „ Browse Tree“ to get a view Browsing by Folder&Filename is without any effect:

I edited it as to be shown in first line below artist, album, title and above composer and saved = no effect at control points
    I deleted everything else without Browsing Folder&Filname in „Additional“ and saved = no effect at control points

I don’t want to have too much options in Kazoo control point, since 10years I was using Twonky (from version 4 to 8.5) with Foldernavigation on 5 different Servers. Twonky had a lot of bugs but I was always able to find a workaround.

keep it simple as could be, best thing to me is to get „Browsing Folder&Filname on top, but can’t find the fix to do that

greetings

W. Lui

Re: please help, got big problem with editing the browse tree

hi

found out one great thing: once Folders&Filename is selected at Kazoo contol points it is saved means if I switch to the Linn TuneIn option and want to go back to my music in asset it shows Folders&Filename selected directly. I don't have to select to the whole menue, thats really great. I mean in twonky I had to select through whole menue to get back to my albums and folder structure. So Asset is truely very nice and it hast not the "alphabet bug" (tracks not shown by tracknumber but wrong in alphabetical order)which is not corrected in twonky since several versions. I had to made the correction by myself with editing the .xml view file...

greetings

W.Lui

Re: please help, got big problem with editing the browse tree

hi

found the answer/reason here in forum. Version R7.1 will support editing browse tree in mac UI...

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Mac-amp-Linux

but I had to buy Asset premium first an then upgrade to 7.1 to get correct browse tree editing function in mac os asset UI...

what I like, by searching in this forum I can help myself to find solution...using new app like asset means new learning

greetings

W.Lui