title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: 'Encoder Settings' Blank?

'Encoder Settings' Blank?

I've been using dbpowermp CD ripper (R14 – Reference) for a long time but have recently thought about upgrading to the latest version, partly due to the loss of the metadata providers on the older version. As such, I have installed R17 – Reference trial (new x64 install on a separate laptop) to try.

I still want to be able to use the 'Nero m4a' encoder and so downloaded and installed the 'CLI Encoder'. All appears ok, dll in the right place, etc. But when I open CD Ripper to configure the 'CLI Encoder', as per the help file, the Encoder Settings tab is blank!? I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling everything but no change. What has gone wrong / can I do?

Administrator

Re: 'Encoder Settings' Blank?

You are best to use the built in m4a FDK encoder which has better quality than Nero m4a.

The reason the page is blank is because the encoder is 32 bit and you have R17 64 bit installed which cannot work with 32 bit codecs.

Thanks for getting back to me. However, Nero codec aside, I would still like to be able to use the CLI Encoder. According the dBpoweramp Codec Central page for the CLI Encoder Release 6 "32 & 64 bit codecs included". So I am not clear as to why I cannot get the CLI Encoder to work with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp, even before I point it at any codecs?

Administrator

To be sure there is no 32/64 bit conflict, Run this reset:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

and try the bottom option only, then reinstall dBpoweramp. It should install to:

C:\program files\dBpoweramp

Then install the CLI encoder.

Tried that, several times. I even went through and deleted all trace of dBpoweramp that I could find (dbconfig.exe – as per https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...dec-to-Install) and tried again, all to no avail.

However...

Poking around in the Properties => Details of some of the other encoder .dlls I notice that the 'm4a FDK (AAC).dll' File Description and Original Filename is CLI Encoder. So, taking a punt, I copied the 'm4a FDK (AAC).dll', renamed it 'CLI Encoder.dll' and pasted and replaced it over the installed (and smaller) version and, hey presto, it all now seems to be working.

Thanks for the help and replying so quickly, I probably wouldn't have poked around so much with out it.

Regards.