title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: simple naming and folders

simple naming and folders

hey there been using poweramp for a ocuple of weeks now and am loving the the speed and the way it works and the databases are great, bought it with perfect tunes as well and that looks good but more playing is needed there.

the purpose of this thread is regarding naming when ripping and although many threads in this area i cant see the answers i need or pointrs towards what i need so here it is.
    the default naming is not to my liking and i have adjusted to get the albums folder and file names that i want for examples see below

the cd dire straits- brother in arms gives default
    dire straits/brothers in arms/01 - so far away

my default is

dire straits - brothers in arms/01 - so far away

but for various artists cd i have played for hours and cant get what i want which is similar with examples of what i get vs what i want

the cd now thats what i can music default
    various artist/now thats what i call music/01- phil collins - you cant hurry love

then of course i have multiples of various artist cds they all go one folder which i dont want id like them all seperate cds with the naming example below

various artist - now thats what i call music/01 - you cant hurry love
    (i can manualy add disc number and add tag for artist at the end of the script if i choose)

the performance of this app is second to none that i have used but the naming as advanced as it is
    i like somethings a liitle more simple.

any help or pointers to get the desired results would be greatly appreciated
    sii

Administrator

Re: simple naming and folders

Code:
    [MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist] - ,[IFCOMP]Various Artists/[][IF!COMP][artist] - [][][][MAXLENGTH]80,[album][]/[MAXLENGTH]80,[track] [IFCOMP][artist] []- [title][]
    Note / is used to separate folders as you had this and are using OSX?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Code:
    [MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist] - ,[IFCOMP]Various Artists/[][IF!COMP][artist] - [][][][MAXLENGTH]80,[album][]/[MAXLENGTH]80,[track] [IFCOMP][artist] []- [title][]
    Note / is used to separate folders as you had this and are using OSX?
    no i use windows 10 i only used the / as most other programs use those to symbolise the folders.
    i am about to ry what you have placed and hope that does what i need.
    many thanks for your time and reply.

Quote Originally Posted by warbaby71 View Post
    no i use windows 10 i only used the / as most other programs use those to symbolise the folders.
    i am about to ry what you have placed and hope that does what i need.
    many thanks for your time and reply.
    upon trying what you have written and used the code i see i have maybe not conveyed my meaning correctly. using the / folder levels i shall place my 2 examples again for both normal album and a VA album

dire straits - brothers in arms/02 - so far away thats a folder with artist and album and in the folder the tracks
    various artists - now thats what i call music!/01 - you cant hurry love so again a folder with artists in this case various artist an name of the album and in that folder a the track number and song name similar to the normal albums naming strucure.

i realy want one folder for one cd reagardless of normal album or a various artists.

i dont want a artist folder with albums in folders inside

Administrator

Code:
    [MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][][][MAXLENGTH]80, - [album][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[track] [IFCOMP][artist] []- [title][]

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Code:
    [MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][][][MAXLENGTH]80, - [album][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[track] [IFCOMP][artist] []- [title][]

I would slightly modify to use this one. It will put a disc number in front of the track number in the case of multi-CD albums (e.g., 1.02 - "song title"). Otherwise it will be challenging to sort by disk, within a folder as you'll have multiple track 01, 02, etc.

[MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][][][MAXLENGTH]80, - [album][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[IFMULTI][disc].[][track] [IFCOMP][artist] []- [title][]

many thanks for the responses both i realy appreciate them and have tested them all.. ive picked one almost perfect so ill go with that so much thanks to you guys.. i had read when buying this that the forum is a great and helpfull place.

so far im most impressed with that fact and the program itself..