title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New user, two simple questions

Re: New user, two simple questions

Thanks. Good point. As it is, those files are being moved to Roon's library without any amendments.

Do we know whether there's any way that the tagging fields/tables (?) of the Roon library can ever be exported - in the case that Roon is no longer... 'being used'?

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    ...having the best possible metadata in your tags when ripping so you are future-proofed. Roon may not always exist (I hope it does...

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSealey View Post
    Thanks. Good point. As it is, those files are being moved to Roon's library without any amendments.

Do we know whether there's any way that the tagging fields/tables (?) of the Roon library can ever be exported - in the case that Roon is no longer... 'being used'?

I've seen some discussion of that at the Roon forums, but can't recall the answer.

It looks from this FAQ as though it is possible.

I was particularly struck/pleased by this statement:
    Roon's Export feature copies files from your Core to other locations, and "tags' the files as they appear in Roon.
    Time to experiment! Assuming that this Export operation does retain (and add to each file) the tags which are so successful and useful inside Roon, I guess we may not have to worry, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I've seen some discussion of that at the Roon forums, but can't recall the answer.