title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Media Technics doesn't respond anymore

Media Technics doesn't respond anymore

Hi,
    I had a Media Technics Robot still running with Win XP and R14. Robot worked but Meta Data couldn*t be retrieved, because of old SW.
    So I decided to get a new pc and update to Win10. I disconnected the Serial Port on the Ripper by accident and borke the cable I had used in the past and hope everything is reconnected in a right way again. In any case after having purchased the upgrade to the latest version and tried batch ripping the ripper does not respond.
    I get the error saying "Unable to find com port 'COM1' exiting..... "

Does this have to do with not being able to communicate or does this mean it can't open the port ?
    How could I verify that the Serial connection is ok ?
    What can I do next?

I would appreciate any help. Also would be great to know if the serial cable is connected to the right pins - if anyone still knows this robot..... and the pin configuration...

image1.jpg
    image2.jpg

I have tried to follow the sticky post on MF but then I get :
    "Cannot find com port 'com1'"

regards from Vienna - Austria
    Stephen
    Last edited by stephenlion; 11-08-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Administrator

Re: Media Technics doesn't respond anymore

The program should be able to open the com port even if the robot was not connected, check in device manager for the com port and see what number it is assigned.

It is com1. I just realised that the Win10 is German we are running on. Is this a problem ? Other programs can open com1 and I get a serial connection - tried this with a rs232 tester....

Administrator

Should not make any difference

tried the test directly from drive setup also returns CANNOT FIND COM1
    what could I do next?

Administrator

It might be a security issue, try starting Batch Ripper configuration by right click >> run as administrator

Hi, was only ab le to test now. It now opens the com port. I still cant get thje robot to work. Does anyone know which of the four ports is the serial port on the robot. See pictures in the first post and what the pin con fig is? I am using AMTREN as the config and 9600 but somehow cant get the robot to react and dont have any documentation.
    thx
    Stephen

Administrator

I am sorry I do not know.