title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: New User: Help Needed Crashin And/Or Freezing

Question New User: Help Needed Crashin And/Or Freezing

Hi

I found PerfectTUNES yesterday while I was looking around for image tagging on WAV format as that is the only format that I use when I am ripping my CD’s and converting my vinyl singles into digital for use on my computer.

While I was using Control Center I took the following steps:

1. Music
    2. Add Folder / Sub-folder
    3. Local Drive D:
    4. CDs From My Collection
    5. Gerry Quigley And The Nomadic Druids
    6. Load (from File)
    7. WAV Collection Cover (Folder)
    8. Gerry Quigley And The Nomadic Druids.jpg Image
    9. Choose the image and froze/crashed

The above file was the only one so far with this problem and additionally to that it slowed down the rest of the programs on the computer to extend that when I was using PowerDVD19 Ultra to play music the sound was dropping in and out even after closing PerfectTUNES completely with Task Manager!

I would then have to restart the computer for the programs to go back to normal. I have recorded what actually happens using Roxio Screen Capture so if you need to see it for yourself!

The computer I am suing is Windows 10 Pro with the following details:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz
    Installed RAM 16.0 GB
    Product ID 00330-70000-77173-AAOEM
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 20H2
    Installed on &*8206;17/&*8206;06/&*8206;2020
    OS build 19042.610
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

I have also ran and copied a DxDiag file on it if you need to see that as well.

I would also like to ask would this problem be caused because I am only running the free version and not one with a product key?

Any help would be appreciated because I was only using the free software to see how it worked before actually purchasing the product key.

Thanks

Mark

Administrator

Re: New User: Help Needed Crashin And/Or Freezing

Between Step 4 and 5 what program are you running? 'ID Tag'?

I was only using Album Art because that's my main interest within the whole center. I never tried using ID Tag because I already have all my CD's ID tagged using Roxio Creator - Edit Song Information/Audio Tags plus I assumed from what I read before using the center that I couldn't use ID Tags because I needed to purchase the product key to be able to add & edit the tagging on any song.

Administrator

If you can upload one audio file to dropbox with the album art you try to add and personal message me a link please.