title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Upgrading from 6 to 7 removed my container configuration completely

Unhappy Upgrading from 6 to 7 removed my container configuration completely

I have backups of the complete PC ( Windows 10 2004 ) from before the upgrade so can I restore the config from a folder there ?

Part of my configuration was retained ( the library location, for example ) and I am using the same running mode of Local Account.

I haven't started to dig through all my other General Settings to determine what else has been lost as I am hopeful for the restore.

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Upgrading from 6 to 7 removed my container configuration completely

The old configuration is not deleted, it is still in the configuration folder, rather v7 uses a new configuration file. From the advanced settings page is an option to open the configuration folder.

Excellent - I can see that option and can open the folder. I can't seem to find an option to import my old configuration into the new configuration file ? Sorry if there is an FAQ for this somewhere !

Administrator

You cannot import the old configuration file because the format has changed.

Understood. It might be worth adding a dialog to the installer warning users that their container configuration will not be carried over into the new version to give people a chance to take some screenshots of their setup, for example. Luckily I had a backup of the config folder so I have been able to install 6 on a spare PC and restore my settings there, so I can then manually re-make them on my main machine.