title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: New Asset User Questions

New Asset User Questions

I am using trial version of Asset on Synology DS1019+ with intent to purchase if things work out well. I am a long-time registered user of dBpoweramp and would gladly support more Illustrate software utilities. This server stuff is new to me. I do use Plex server but it's clunky for music. I also tried Synology's Audio Station but I find it also fairly clunky.

A brief description on setup:

Approx 3000 (45000 tracks)albums in various formats on "Volume 1" of NAS.
    I installed Asset on a 120GB SSD that is in NAS as "Volume 2". Originally this SSD was being used for a demo of Roon, but I think in the end Roon is too $$$ to stick with.

Now questions:
    1. Is the install location for Asset okay? Currently Asset is scanning the music library and is going slowly but surely.
    2. I notice the icon in Synology DSM Package Center is default package icon. If I open Asset package it shows the proper icon. Is there a way the icon can be changed so it shows correctly in Package Center?
    3. I have many sources I would stream music from NAS to. I am looking for the best client app to do it all. Recommendations? I looked at Lumin, which gets a lot of mention, for iOS but it does not have options to stream to devices, unless I'm missing something. It just asks for a "Lumin".

Endpoints: Sonos Amp/Connect, Bluesound Node 2 (maybe not supported no matter what), Cambridge CXN (v1), Chord Mojo/Poly, various portable digital audio players.

Thanks in advance!

Administrator

Re: New Asset User Questions

1. Yes
    2. Do not think you can change this
    3. sadly the market is fragmented, so whilst the players are all working with upnp servers, you normally have to use the manufacturers own control point to control the player fully.