title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Convert Flac to DSD

How Do You Convert Flac to DSD

How Do You Convert Flac to DSD.Have latest version.Is there a manual ?

Administrator

Re: How Do You Convert Flac to DSD

Right click on Flac >> Convert to >> choose DSD as the encoder

Did as you said.All flac files were sent to recycle bin.As I was converting files as they finished one by one they dissappeared.All that was left in folder was picture.What ?

Administrator

Ensure you have not added the DSP effect 'Delete Source Files'

Okay don't have any dsp effect.Click on convert dsd256 let converter go when finished file has not changed to dsd but remains as flac ?

Administrator

It will be writing to a different location, convert the same file and click 'List' (top right) before starting the conversion it will show giving the exact location of the files.

How do I convert the file from flac to dsd keep in same place ? Muisc is on a external ssd.I did convert on album but in music server shoes unknown.I just want to replace the flac file with converted dsd and leave in orginal folder
    Last edited by Outlaw; 11-10-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Administrator

Where it says 'output to' click it and choose 'existing source folder'

Okay why does it leave the flac files in folder so i have both dsd and flac when setting up says to overwrite ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Okay why does it leave the flac files in folder so i have both dsd and flac when setting up says to overwrite ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think overwrite will only work when filenames are exactly the same. I assume the dsd files and flac files don't have the same file extension (*.flac)? So file names are not identical? Just guessing as I haven't tried converting flac to dsd.

. afraid to do any more .Just tried to convert from flac to dsd.It ran said finished.File wont play.Check file and says size 0 bytes

really wish there was a manual.Dont want to mess up my music library anymore

is there a manual for music convertor ? Again run software convert flac to dsd.File properties show 0 bytes ????????????????

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I could be wrong, but I believe encoding from FLAC (or any codec based on PCM) to DSD is potentially a lossy conversion due to the way DSD works. It's the same way when converting from DSD to PCM.

PCM: specific analog signal's amplitude values are encoded into codewords of pulses of different weight
    PDM: the relative density of the pulses corresponds to the specific analog signal's amplitude

Due to DSD (SACD) using pulse-density modulation vs. pulse-code modulation, I do not think a perfect 1:1 conversion is possible due to quantization errors and required lowpass filters

More info here:
    https://www.mojo-audio.com/blog/dsd-...myth-vs-truth/

Spoon would likely be able to get more into the technical stuff for this topic than I can though

Administrator

Try converting a CD quality file to DSD, does that work?

If not what security software do you have? which might be blocking the DSD encoder.