title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 19 of 19

Thread: Artist Sort tag not being written to FLAC file

  1. #16
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    59

    Re: Artist Sort tag not being written to FLAC file

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    You can see, edit and add artist sort in the tag section (register "TAG") at the bottom of the screen.
    I said earlier that I thought that section was only for metadata that applies to all tracks, but I now realise that it changes to a track-specific setting when you select one or more tracks, so I ran a quick rip of 3 tracks and provided an Artist Sort tag value of 'Stott, Kathryn'.

    This still didn't appear when I viewed these tracks in Mp3tag, but I then found that if I right clicked on the tracks and selected 'Extended Tags...', it was listed as ARTIST SORT. I've no idea why it changes the tag name to upper case, but at least it now proves that CD Ripper is saving that tag.

    Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction

  2. #17
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    653

    Re: Artist Sort tag not being written to FLAC file

    Quote Originally Posted by haggis999 View Post
    I said earlier that I thought that section was only for metadata that applies to all tracks, but I now realise that it changes to a track-specific setting when you select one or more tracks, so I ran a quick rip of 3 tracks and provided an Artist Sort tag value of 'Stott, Kathryn'.

    This still didn't appear when I viewed these tracks in Mp3tag, but I then found that if I right clicked on the tracks and selected 'Extended Tags...', it was listed as ARTIST SORT. I've no idea why it changes the tag name to upper case, but at least it now proves that CD Ripper is saving that tag.

    Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction
    Mp3tag uses the upper case ARTIST SORT, even if you have used Artist Sort from dBpoweramp.
    Last edited by Oggy; 11-05-2020 at 12:40 PM.

  3. #18
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    59

    Re: Artist Sort tag not being written to FLAC file

    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Mp3tag uses the upper case ARTIST SORT, even if you have used Artist Sort from dBpoweramp.
    That is indeed what I observed. What I don't understand is why Mp3tag chooses to capitalise what it calls 'Extended Tags'.

  4. #19
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,799

    Re: Artist Sort tag not being written to FLAC file

    Quote Originally Posted by haggis999 View Post
    That is indeed what I observed. What I don't understand is why Mp3tag chooses to capitalise what it calls 'Extended Tags'.

    it's just how they are displaying ALL tag names in that box. If you have any actions or use tag names in 'convert', these are all in lowercase.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •