title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Artist Sort tag not being written to FLAC file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • haggis999
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2013

Re: Artist Sort tag not being written to FLAC file

Originally posted by Dat Ei
    You can see, edit and add artist sort in the tag section (register "TAG") at the bottom of the screen.
    I said earlier that I thought that section was only for metadata that applies to all tracks, but I now realise that it changes to a track-specific setting when you select one or more tracks, so I ran a quick rip of 3 tracks and provided an Artist Sort tag value of 'Stott, Kathryn'.

This still didn't appear when I viewed these tracks in Mp3tag, but I then found that if I right clicked on the tracks and selected 'Extended Tags...', it was listed as ARTIST SORT. I've no idea why it changes the tag name to upper case, but at least it now proves that CD Ripper is saving that tag.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Comment

• Oggy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by haggis999
      I said earlier that I thought that section was only for metadata that applies to all tracks, but I now realise that it changes to a track-specific setting when you select one or more tracks, so I ran a quick rip of 3 tracks and provided an Artist Sort tag value of 'Stott, Kathryn'.

This still didn't appear when I viewed these tracks in Mp3tag, but I then found that if I right clicked on the tracks and selected 'Extended Tags...', it was listed as ARTIST SORT. I've no idea why it changes the tag name to upper case, but at least it now proves that CD Ripper is saving that tag.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction
      Mp3tag uses the upper case ARTIST SORT, even if you have used Artist Sort from dBpoweramp.
      Last edited by Oggy; 11-05-2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• haggis999
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Oggy
        Mp3tag uses the upper case ARTIST SORT, even if you have used Artist Sort from dBpoweramp.
        That is indeed what I observed. What I don't understand is why Mp3tag chooses to capitalise what it calls 'Extended Tags'.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by haggis999
          That is indeed what I observed. What I don't understand is why Mp3tag chooses to capitalise what it calls 'Extended Tags'.

it's just how they are displaying ALL tag names in that box. If you have any actions or use tag names in 'convert', these are all in lowercase.

Comment

Working...

]]>