title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Track listing in original order

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wesley M
    • Nov 2020

Track listing in original order

Hi,

I have a new car with a sound system powered by Gracenote. When I burn CDs onto my USB in Flac format the album tracks appear in alphabetical order rather than the original order.

Any of you guys got any suggestions how to fix that?

Please use idiot language as I don't understand half the terms here!

Many thanks,

Wesley
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Track listing in original order

Hey Wesley,

car sound systems are often very dumb, ignore all the metadata within the audio files (like track numbers) and sort the files alphabetically by the filename. One solution can be to add the track number with two digits in the filename of the audiofiles. You can rename the tracks with a leading two digit tracknumber by hand within file explorer for a test. If this works for your car audio system, we can try to make the necessary changes in CD Ripper or Batch Converter, so that the audio files have the right filename right from the start.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Wesley M
      • Nov 2020

Thanks Dat Ei, will give that a try and get back to you!

Comment

• Wesley M
        • Nov 2020

That worked Dat Ei! I have already burned lots of CDs onto my external hard drive. Can you make a suggestion about how to amend them? I have Batch Converter but I've never used it.

Many thanks.

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

Hey Wesley,

ok, now that we know, that this will do for your car audio system, you can edit your naming string in CD Ripper and your profiles for Batch Converter. Add the tag "[track]" in front of the tag "[title]". This will add the track number for forthcoming rips and conversions.

For older, already ripped files you can use the DSP "Arrange Audio" to rename your existing files corresponding to that new naming string. Please keep in mind that those files need to be tagged already.

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>