title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset on Synology - constant background activity?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Asset on Synology - constant background activity?

Hi - I'm running Asset on my Synology NAS - recently updated to the version 7.

For some reason, around 9pm-10pm every night, my NAS processes... something. The activity lights flash away and the drives spin for about 30-60 minutes. During this time my devices struggle to locate Asset. Tonight the music player on my phone (Hi-Fi Cast) actually timed out. Meanwhile the same app had absolutlely no problem finding the built-in Synology media server.

Is this something that Asset is doing or it just a co-incidence that Asset seems particularly affected somehow?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset on Synology - constant background activity?

I should add that automatic syncing (with Dropbox) is scheduled to run between 2am and 6am only.

Super Moderator

Re: Asset on Synology - constant background activity?

There have been known cases where some device on the network attempts to index the whole Asset library, walking every possible container recursively. This effectively makes Asset unusable for the duration of the scan.

You can view apps/devices that have been talking to Asset under Advanced / Settings Override (Control Point Specific), bottom of the page. If you want just specific apps to be allowed to talk to Asset, use "allowed control points" to whitelist them, effectively banning all other apps.