title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset R7 now splitting multi CD albums by folders

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Asset R7 now splitting multi CD albums by folders

I have several albums which have multiple CD discs where the files are in separate folders but they are given the same album title and the tracks and their file names are numbered sequentially i.e. tracks 1 to 10 may be in the first folder and tracks 11 to 20 in a second folder. All other common tags are identical (e.g. album title/year etc.) and I don't use the "Disc Number" tag. Previously this worked fine and Asset would show all the tracks in sequential order as a single album.

However, now it is showing multiple albums of the same name i.e. it will show the contents of folder 1 as having tracks 1 to 10 and the same album name for folder 2 again with tracks numbered from 1 to 10.
    Last edited by sjbabbey; 10-30-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Administrator

Re: Asset R7 now splitting multi CD albums by folders

It is an option in the advanced configuration, to 'Album defined by Folder' uncheck it and rescan all.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset R7 now splitting multi CD albums by folders

Thank you Spoon. That sorted out the issue. It looks like the latest release changed a lot of my config/option settings so I think I need to save a screenshot of these for future reference.