title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset not not reflecting changes in QNAP folder structure

Asset not not reflecting changes in QNAP folder structure

Hello, I'm using Asset as a dlna server for streaming locally stored files from a QNAP NAS to a Naim streamer.

I recently discovered an album folder containing only one of nine tracks from an album where the remaining eight tracks were in a separate folder. The folder with one track had a different name than the other folder with the eight tracks so I was seeing two albums under the artist in the Naim app.

I remedied the problem by moving the single track to the correct folder and deleting the now empty folder. I also made sure the recycle bin files were deleted. After rescanning multiple times, rebuilding the database, and uninstalling and reinstalling Asset the folder with single track is still visible in the Naim app. The track even plays. Does this mean it is still on the hard drive of my QNAP?? I can not figure out why Asset does not reflect the new folder structure. I'm fairly new to this technology so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Can someone point me in the right direction here? Thanks in advance.

Also, when I have Asset open in my browser the tab is flashing/refreshing intermittently every 7 seconds or so as if it's doing something but I can not tell what it's doing.

For reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Re: Asset not not reflecting changes in QNAP folder structure

The track was in a different folder because it had different ID tag (album name?) to the rest of the album.

Moving the file to the other folder would not update the ID Tags, you would need a tag editor like dBpoweramp to do that.

I purchased dbpoweramp today but don't really know how to use it. And I don't understand how Asset is seeing a folder that no longer exists.

I also have BlissHQ installed on my QNAP and it no longer sees the folder. Do I need to install dbpoweramp on my QNAP? It's currently on my macbook.

Well I was able to edit the tag in bliss and it updated. It still had the old folder name in the tag even though the folder is gone. I didn't realize I have to manually change this information.

I would like to use dbpoweramp for tagging but I'm unsure how to do that since it's installed on my Macbook Pro and my music library is on my QNAP. Perhaps I've misunderstood what dbpoweramp is used for.

Administrator

You would browse to the audio tracks from the MAC using finder, then right click on one of the files >> Edit Tags with dBpoweramp

I figured out how to add a user to the NAS and log in from my Mac so I now see the "edit tags with dBpoweramp" menu option. Thanks for your help.