title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to convert any files to AAC using the itunes/QAAC encoder

Unable to convert any files to AAC using the itunes/QAAC encoder

Hi,

I'm unable to convert any files to AAC using the itunes encoder in music converter version 17. I'm getting the following error.

Error converting to m4a QAAC (iTunes), 'E:\Kotovsky86_-_New_Synth_FLAC\Kotovsky86 - New Synth FLAC\01 - Act of Chase.flac' to 'E:\Kotovsky86_-_New_Synth_FLAC\Kotovsky86 - New Synth FLAC\01 - Act of Chase.m4a'
    Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]
    Unable to tag file 'E:\Kotovsky86_-_New_Synth_FLAC\Kotovsky86 - New Synth FLAC\01 - Act of Chase.m4a'

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Andy

Administrator

Re: Unable to convert any files to AAC using the itunes/QAAC encoder

It is a general error out of QAAC which means it is not working.

Check you have iTunes installed (not the app store version).

iTunes is installed and it's the latest version and not from the app store.

Administrator

Try the built in m4a (FDK aac) encoder.

FDK AAC has no issues.

Administrator

Use m4a FDK aac instead if that works for you, it is as equally as good as iTunes.

Will do! Thanks

Hi, I have the exactly same error. m4a FDK works perfectly. iTunes version is 12.10.10.2 64bit (not downloaded from Windows Store), dBpoweramp release is 17.2 (x64), m4a QAAC (iTunes) Encoder is Release 1, Windows 10 Pro N Version 20H2 Build 19042.572 with Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0
    Last edited by isogo; 11-01-2020 at 09:22 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Exclamation Re: Unable to convert any files to AAC using the itunes/QAAC encoder

Hey Spoon, I can confirm something else is going on - having the same issues with Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 20H2 Build 19042.630

PHP Code:
    Off-topicFDKAAC is set to maximum Channels being 6can confirm 8 channels is supported.  Changed the MAXCHANNELS to 8 and the encoded file plays with all 8 channels in Foobar2000 properly (confirmed with the VU meter visualizationbut oddly enough when you right-click and hit propertiesdBpoweramp says it's a six-channel file so not sure what the deal is there... 
    Anyway, back the QAAC issue, I've tried the following:

Installed older version of iTunes from the Apple Store (non-Unified App version, Windows .exe)
    Result: No change, same error

Tried setting qaac64.exe to run as Administrator
    Result: No error and encode said complete, but 0kb .m4a.tmp.m4a file leftover and no final result

Tried Reinstalling the QAAC dBpoweramp encoder
    Result: no change, and actually, uninstalling the QAAC encoder did not reset the qaac64.exe back to running without admin right - I had to go back in and change the app defaults. Don't know if this is something that dBPoweramp could check but just wanted to put it out there

OK, so I went to the dBpoweramp Advanced Settings configuration, checked "music converter debug" then tried again.
    Result:

Code:
    Splitting Command Line:"C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\CoreConverter.exe" -dbcmd="C:\Users\usaft\AppData\Local\Temp\dBT5EB8.tmp"
    ->->  [dBCoreConverter::ReaddBCommandFile]
    <-<-  [dBCoreConverter::ReaddBCommandFile]
    Decodes  [clDecoder::Get]
    BatchID  [clDecoder::Set]
    ->->  [cldBCodecHandler::LoadEncoder]
      Loading Encoder 'C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a QAAC (iTunes).DLL'
    <-<-  [cldBCodecHandler::LoadEncoder]
    BatchID  [clEncoder::Set]
    ->->  [dBCoreConverter::StripCoreConverterCmds]
    <-<-  [dBCoreConverter::StripCoreConverterCmds]
    SendRawUnCompressed  [clEncoder::Get]
    Communicate  [clDecoder::Get]
    Communicate  [clEncoder::Get]
    NeedHQAudio  [clEncoder::Get]
    Decode As  [clDecoder::Set]
    ->->  [clDecoder::Open]
      Opening file 'C:\Users\usaft\Music\Remastered\Test for Bass Behavior_new settings.flac' for read access: Opened
      Init FLAC: 
      Reading Meta Data: 
       contained 0 tags:
      ->->  [clDecoder::ReadIDTags]
      <-<-  [clDecoder::ReadIDTags]
      ->->  [clDecoder::FillAudioProps]
    	Encoder: FLAC REAPER
    	Sample Count: 2,880,000
    	Contains: CRC
      <-<-  [clDecoder::FillAudioProps]
      ->->  [clDecoder::FillAudioInfo]
        Uncompressed WFX (sent to db): Format Tag: 1  Channels: 8  Bits per Sample: 24  Samples Per Second: 48000  Bytes Per Second: 1152000  Block Align: 24  CB Size: 0
        Audio Length: 60000 mili-seconds  14713130 bytes  9216 kbps
      <-<-  [clDecoder::FillAudioInfo]
      Creating Decode Buffers: Created
    <-<-  [clDecoder::Open]
    SendOverReplayGainTags  [clEncoder::Get]
    ->->  [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
      Converting to 'C:\Users\usaft\Music\Remastered\Test for Bass Behavior_new settings.m4a' encoder settings ' -cli_encoder="C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a QAAC (iTunes)\qaac64.exe" -cli_cmd="--tvbr 27  - -o {qt}[outfile]{qt}" -selection="0,3,0,0"'
      Using Encoder 'C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a QAAC (iTunes)\qaac64.exe'
      Command Line '--tvbr 27  - -o "C:\Users\usaft\Music\REMAST~1\TESTFO~1.M4A"'
      Input Wave Format:Format Tag: 1  Channels: 8  Bits per Sample: 24  Samples Per Second: 48000  Bytes Per Second: 1152000  Block Align: 24  CB Size: 0
      Output Wave Format:Format Tag: 1  Channels: 8  Bits per Sample: 24  Samples Per Second: 48000  Bytes Per Second: 1152000  Block Align: 24  CB Size: 0
      Passing Wave Header: Yes
      Using StdInput Pipe: Yes
      dBpoweramp Writing Tags: Yes
    <-<-  [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    ->->  [clDecoder::Close]
    <-<-  [clDecoder::Close]
    OK! So I fired up Notepad as administrator and opened both the FDKAAC encoder.txt file and the QAAC encoder.txt file to see if this is something I can figure out.

*two hours later*

I dunno man. I'm pulling my hair out over this one. Probably something really dumb and basic I'm missing but yea I can't get this to work

Administrator

Create a wave file, put qaac.exe in the same folder and have a look at the documentation for qaac and see if can get it to convert that wave file outside of dBpoweramp (from the command line).

Hi. Just realized QAAC developers have released version 2.71 on Oct 2, 2020 (see here https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/cabinet and here https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=85135.1125). Replacing dBpoweramp QAAC package in *programsfolder*\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a QAAC (iTunes) with version 2.71 solved the issue. Hope this helps.

Administrator

Thanks for heads up, we release updated codec now

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I see the codec page for qaac was updated recently and says "Release R2" but the download still shows R1 when installing.

Administrator

Try clear internet cache and re-downloading, I just downloaded myself and ran the install and it says 'Release 2'

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try clear internet cache and re-downloading, I just downloaded myself and ran the install and it says 'Release 2'
    Got it now, seems it took a couple of refreshes to get the updated download.