title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectTUNES with iTunes

PerfectTUNES with iTunes

First time user of PerfectTUNES.

First off I deleted all album artwork from iTunes so every album had no album artwork.....then I scanned my music folder and PerfectTUNES found most of the album artwork for my iTunes library.

When I then open iTunes I still don't see any artwork for my albums but if I click on an album and look at song info I see the album artwork......when I then close that album the artwork then appears. So do I have to physically click onto every album to prompt iTunes to load the artwork so I can see it? It looks like it's embedded into each individual track but doesn't show the artwork when I simply open iTunes? Sorry if i have worded this badly, I don't know how else to explain it. So basically, when I open iTunes I see no artwork until I actually access an album. Is there a way to load all the album artwork?

Thanks
    Last edited by Shpongle; 10-23-2020 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Missed some info

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: PerfectTUNES with iTunes

This is an iTunes problem. ITunes stores the album art in a own database, which is not updated, if you have updated the album art of the audio file. Delete the album within iTunes, but not on the HDD and then reimport the album.

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    This is an iTunes problem. ITunes stores the album art in a own database, which is not updated, if you have updated the album art of the audio file. Delete the album within iTunes, but not on the HDD and then reimport the album.

Dat Ei
    Thanks for such a swift reply.....so I delete the album from iTunes but keep the folder on my hard drive....then I open that folder , highlight every track from the album and open 'using iTunes'?

Do I have to do that with every album one by one or is there a bulk way to do it?

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post

Dat Ei
    I discovered a quicker way to get the artwork to appear was to simply click on the 'play' symbol of the album in iTunes. It immediately then shows the artwork.