title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Year Tag Error on Re-Rip

Thumbs down Year Tag Error on Re-Rip

Sorry if this has been reported already, but I noticed that if I re-insert a disc that had been previously ripped, all of the year tags are reset to whatever value is on the first track.

I am meticulous about setting the actual release dates for each track on compilations so I can auto-generate 'smart' playlists based on the metadata (year>=1980-1-1 AND year<1990-1-1, rating>=***, etc.). It actually tags correctly based on what is in dbPoweramp, but if the values have been reset and I didn't notice (happened a few times before I realized it), those rips all have the same year tag. Also, sometimes dashes between date parts (2020-10-23), sometimes not (2020 10 23).

Using CD Ripper (CDGrab) 17.2.0.2.
    Last edited by TLBradbury; 10-23-2020 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Include version info

Re: Year Tag Error on Re-Rip

Looking into 'dash' issue - may be caused by another tag editor. Will update later.

Okay, the dash is definitely not coming from dbPoweramp. It does bring to mind the question though - why doesn't the dash get added? According to the ID3 standard, the dashes should be included. Perhaps I just missed that users need to add it themselves. Perhaps an option to automatically add it? This is really only a concern in relation to the the original bug that started this thread.

Administrator

CD Ripper only has the year as that is all the online database have.

Will you be looking into the problem with resetting the year to the value in the first track? I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear earlier, but it is using the year tag from the first track and applying it to all of the tracks instead of using what had previously been entered for each track.

Administrator

CD Ripper can only have 1 year for the whole CD, it is unlikely we will change this. If you want to change the year for each track then it is best done after ripping.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    CD Ripper can only have 1 year for the whole CD, it is unlikely we will change this.
    Is this statement valid for re-ripping only? I've ripped CDs with different years tags for the tracks several times.

Dat Ei