title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: What does it mean when it says "X AR"

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

What does it mean when it says "X AR"

I ripped a CD once and it came out to be all inaccurate, so I changed to Secure mode from Burst mode, re-ripped it, and it came out to be "X AR" in brown color, and on the right side of it, it says "Secure" with a green check mark.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: What does it mean when it says "X AR"

Quote Originally Posted by ripcd View Post
    I ripped a CD once and it came out to be all inaccurate, so I changed to Secure mode from Burst mode, re-ripped it, and it came out to be "X AR" in brown color, and on the right side of it, it says "Secure" with a green check mark.

means your CD didn't match the Accuraterip database. But this could be that your CD is a different pressing than the CD that's in the AR database (this happens). But when ripped via Secure, the multiple passes returned the same CRC and therefore the rip was SECURE. So all is good.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

But couldn't that mean that it matched the same errors as before?
    Or is it hard to get exactly the same errors so that if it has same CRC that means it is accurate?

Administrator

Someone with a different CD and different CD drive would not have the same errors as you.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ripcd View Post
    But couldn't that mean that it matched the same errors as before?
    Or is it hard to get exactly the same errors so that if it has same CRC that means it is accurate?

Yes, if it has the same CRC, it is EXTREMELY likely it is a secure rip, i.e., the best you'll get.