title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ripping into multiple formats / directories

Re: ripping into multiple formats / directories

I understand and appreciate that. What does not make sense to me is to create a name space when the ripped output is piped into the different encoders.

In the setup which now works for me - with very similar requirements like you outline - it would have been logic to define output per decoder. And probably feed into different instances of the same decoder. For none of these functions the name defined in CD Ripper is relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by mfl View Post
    Thanks, that seems to work. This is however one of the worst user interfaces I have ever seen where you have to provide redundant information otherwise it is not working as expected with any warning/error

Honestly I would not buy this again.
    Thank you for your persistence in getting this query solved. I was stymied by the exact same problem and never in a million years come up with the solution on my own. That being said, I do think the tool is great in every other way, and am a happy user.

I'm trying to do this as well but with no success. I've tried following the instructions above but the software still rips both the FLAC and WAV files to the same directory.Screenshot 2020-11-29 at 14.33.05.jpgScreenshot 2020-11-29 at 14.32.56.jpgScreenshot 2020-11-29 at 14.32.46.jpgScreenshot 2020-11-29 at 14.31.00.jpg

Any pointers will be most welcome!

Administrator

In CD Ripper you cannot use "source" on the naming of the multi-encoder, it means nothing. Instead you specify the full path and naming on multi-encoder.

Super Moderator

Thanks for your feedback.

[sourcefilename] is allowed with CD Ripper & Multi Encoder but behaves inconsistently. Please do not use it, use something else such as [track] - [title] instead.

This is addressed in latest dBpoweramp R17.3 beta, [sourcefilename] is expanded to [track] - [title] for Audio CDs.

While [sourcefilename] should not be used with CD Ripper, I opted not to block it in order to keep naming schemes interchangeable with other parts of dBpoweramp.