title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Keep getting error message "Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not..."

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • realillusions
    • Sep 2018

Keep getting error message "Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not..."

Every CD I try to rip after upgrading to latest release get this message, anything I need to change in settings?

Information converting to FLAC,

Track 1: ERROR Ripping LBA 0 to 92667 (20:35) in 0:20.

Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 0 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 92667)
    Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not generated, track gain 0dB [EndConversion]
    Audio File Passed Verification

Information converting to FLAC,

Track 2: ERROR Ripping LBA 92667 to 208197 (25:40) in 0:00.

Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 92667 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 208197)
    Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not generated, track gain 0dB [EndConversion]
    Audio File Passed Verification

• Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Keep getting error message "Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not..."

On Windows or OSX? it means that CD Ripper is not able to rip from the drive.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• realillusions
      • Sep 2018

Re: Keep getting error message "Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not..."

Osx.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Check here first:

macOS Catalina (or newer) introduces per program security access settings, normally OS X will ask when the program tries to access something if it should be granted permission. This security setting can also be set at a later date, click the Apple menu icon: System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >>
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• realillusions
          • Sep 2018

Doesn't apply.

I was able to rip discs after the upgrade, I did tweak ripping configuration (AccurateRip and Defective by Design) and I was still able to rip 2 discs, and now the reader seems unable to read discs. I checked using previously ripped discs, and it won't detect.
          I use a LG BE 16NU50

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If your drive is not detecting discs, perhaps the drive is broken?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• realillusions
              • Sep 2018

LOL, drive is working. I've ripped very recently audio from DVDs and DVD-As using another ripper program, plus I am playing CD's as I type this, the issue is with ripping using dbPoweramp.

Comment

• realillusions
                • Sep 2018

Any ideas on what to check?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Try setting the ripping method to 'Burst' does that work?
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• realillusions
                    • Sep 2018

I did work. However it failed to read last track. (Lead-in/Lead-out) Not sure if this is disc specific, will test further.

[EDIT]: Unchecked Lead-in/Lead-out, no more issues with last track.
                    Burst ripping has no issues. Problem seems to be with secure ripping.
                    Last edited by realillusions; 10-25-2020, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Uncheck c2 pointers, your drive must not support them
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• realillusions
                        • Sep 2018

Yes, that seems to have solved the issue. However, I did the scratch test before checking c2 pointers and results said it was supported.
                        I appreciate your help, and just want to say that I consider dbpoweramp and invaluable tool for the enjoyment of my ever growing musical collection.

Comment

Working...

]]>