title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Keep getting error message "Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not..."

Keep getting error message "Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not..."

Every CD I try to rip after upgrading to latest release get this message, anything I need to change in settings?

Information converting to FLAC,

Track 1: ERROR Ripping LBA 0 to 92667 (20:35) in 0:20.

Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 0 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 92667)
    Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not generated, track gain 0dB [EndConversion]
    Audio File Passed Verification

Information converting to FLAC,

Track 2: ERROR Ripping LBA 92667 to 208197 (25:40) in 0:00.

Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 92667 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 208197)
    Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not generated, track gain 0dB [EndConversion]
    Audio File Passed Verification

Administrator

Re: Keep getting error message "Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not..."

On Windows or OSX? it means that CD Ripper is not able to rip from the drive.

Re: Keep getting error message "Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not..."

Osx.

Administrator

Doesn't apply.

I was able to rip discs after the upgrade, I did tweak ripping configuration (AccurateRip and Defective by Design) and I was still able to rip 2 discs, and now the reader seems unable to read discs. I checked using previously ripped discs, and it won't detect.
    I use a LG BE 16NU50

Administrator

If your drive is not detecting discs, perhaps the drive is broken?

LOL, drive is working. I've ripped very recently audio from DVDs and DVD-As using another ripper program, plus I am playing CD's as I type this, the issue is with ripping using dbPoweramp.

Any ideas on what to check?

Administrator

Try setting the ripping method to 'Burst' does that work?

I did work. However it failed to read last track. (Lead-in/Lead-out) Not sure if this is disc specific, will test further.

[EDIT]: Unchecked Lead-in/Lead-out, no more issues with last track.
    Burst ripping has no issues. Problem seems to be with secure ripping.
    Last edited by realillusions; 10-25-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Administrator

Uncheck c2 pointers, your drive must not support them

Yes, that seems to have solved the issue. However, I did the scratch test before checking c2 pointers and results said it was supported.
    I appreciate your help, and just want to say that I consider dbpoweramp and invaluable tool for the enjoyment of my ever growing musical collection.