title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: 24bit

24bit

My player hi end Pioneer N70a crach when starting to play music 24 bit with Asset UPNP. But not all files 24 bit. When I use other DLNA server it works without any problem (Synology NAS DLNA server, PLEX DLNA). The same problem with minimserver DLNA.

Administrator

Re: 24bit

Set asset to transcode flac (I assume you are using this) 'to Wav' then the player does not have to decode anything.

Yes, but now transcode all flac to wav, but i want only transcoding to wav, when is not possible play flac.

Administrator

That is not possible, sorry.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Here is a link to the What HiFi review of the Pioneer N70a streamer

https://www.whathifi.com/pioneer/n-70a/review

This review is a bit confusing but seems to suggest that WAV and FLAC files can only be played via the units USB imput and that the ethernet imput requires LPCM format files in which case perhaps natmar could have Asset transcode his files to LPCM assuming these are being streamed over his ethernet network.

I must admit it seems an odd way for Onkyo/Pioneer to configure their network streamer but it might explain natmars issue.
    Last edited by sjbabbey; 10-17-2020 at 04:39 PM.