title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Qnap 4.5.1 No digital signature

Qnap 4.5.1 No digital signature

Just updated my QNAP TS-251b to version 4.5.1.1456. I am now being asked to remove Asset R7 which has a warning triangle and the message 'no digital signature'. Any ideas? Thanks.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Qnap 4.5.1 No digital signature

I'm getting a similar message on my updated QNAP TS-653A. Also the Asset main menu page seems to have changed layout and shows the QNAP's pathway for the configuration data.
    Last edited by sjbabbey; 10-16-2020 at 12:16 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I've just found this on the QNAP site:

https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/knowl...ty-counsellor/

Thank you for that suggestion. Tried following the instructions in the link but nothing changes.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes I tried reinstalling Asset v7 having first gone into the settings (gear cog) in the App Centre and ticked the box to "Allow installation of Applications without a digital signature". The Asset app installed OK but the warning is still there. However, whilst it has the orange warning triangle and shows "Remove" rather than "Open" under the Asset app logo you do not have to remove it as far as I can tell and you can open the application from the main menu on the front screen.

Yes, everything still appears to work despite the warnings.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

WARNING: If you intend to update your QNAP NAS to version 4.5.1 be sure to add a link to the Asset app on the front menu page first otherwise you cannot open/start the QNAP app at all.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Unfortunately, I did not have a link to Asset on the front menu of my backup NAS (used when main NAS is down or busy raid scrubbing) so have had to downgrade the firmware to version 4.4.3.1439 which then allowed me to open Asset in the App Centre so that I could copy the shortcut icon to the front menu page and open the Asset start/config page.

IMPORTANT

Do not close Asset in the App Centre if you intend to update your QNAP to version 4.5.1 (the menu icon may disappear if you do) but you can disable the instances and still be able to launch the Asset config from the main menu icon.
    Last edited by sjbabbey; 10-17-2020 at 05:09 AM.

I'm now unable to start Asset as I have no shortcut on the main page.

Can it be started from a shell ?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable about Linux so perhaps someone else here can answer Guinnless' question.

I personally followed the procedure in the link below to downgrade the firmware on my TS-451 (but note the disclaimer about downgrading), then opening Asset in the App Centre and making sure that there was a menu icon on the front menu before updating the firmware to the new version once again.

https://www.qnap.com/en-us/how-to/kn...rade-firmware/

Yes, that was the procedure I followed. I could have gone ahead with the firmware downgrade but as this issue is only affecting my Qube and not my main system I'm reluctant to risk messing something up.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

If removing Asset from a QNAP running on firmware version 4.5.1 removes the menu icon then presumably the qpk will now need to have a digital signature or users will need to have a clear and specific instruction not to uninstall the app and to install any test or updated version over their existing version of Asset.
    Last edited by sjbabbey; 10-18-2020 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonia View Post
    Just updated my QNAP TS-251b to version 4.5.1.1456. I am now being asked to remove Asset R7 which has a warning triangle and the message 'no digital signature'. Any ideas? Thanks.
    The same here on a TS-453. I also followed this https://docs.qnap.com/nas/QuTS%20her...6478CF272.htmland reinstalled allowing it to use unsigned apps but I still cannot open in the app centre and can only remove.

This is all I can see asset.png

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hammerhead

I haven't tried this yet as I don't want to "Stop" Asset and have to regress my firmware again but it may work for you.

QNAP have an app called Qmanager which you can install on an ipad/android tablet or smartphone. Using Qmanager the left hand side menu has a link to your QNAP's App Centre. In mine the Asset icon is listed as installed and has 3 dots on the right hand side which opens a menu. In that menu I have the options to Stop the app, Remove the app or Cancel (Leave the menu). This is because my app is still active and I can access its config page from the front menu icon on my QNAP.

Hopefully, if you open the Qmanager app on your device the Asset logo will appear and have the option to "Start" Asset.

Please try this if you can and report back either way.
    Last edited by sjbabbey; 10-19-2020 at 06:39 AM.