title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tracks cut off early

Tracks cut off early

I have just finished ripping over 700 cds and have just begun listening to some of the files. Unfortunately, I have found that almost all of the tracks I've checked have been cut off prematurely from the actual track ending. I'm on a Mac using Release 17.2 (1). I set all of the ripping options according to the instructions, using FLAC Lossless Level 5. I guess I've learned my lesson not to do test runs first. But any suggestions on how to prevent this?

Administrator

Re: Tracks cut off early

Firstly try a different player.

Secondly check the DSP tab in CD ripper, there are certain effects which could trim the audio at the end.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Tracks cut off early

Quote Originally Posted by mrdster View Post
    I have just finished ripping over 700 cds and have just begun listening to some of the files. Unfortunately, I have found that almost all of the tracks I've checked have been cut off prematurely from the actual track ending. I'm on a Mac using Release 17.2 (1). I set all of the ripping options according to the instructions, using FLAC Lossless Level 5. I guess I've learned my lesson not to do test runs first. But any suggestions on how to prevent this?

Unlikely to be the rips themselves (as I assume on most of these you had AccurateRip confirmation of bitperfect rips). As Spoon says, unless you used some less common DSPs during ripping (you would have had to add them, they are not default), it is likely the PLAYER doing something odd. Try a different player as a test.