title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Manual metadata search stuck on "looking disc up"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffkjeff
    • Oct 2020

Manual metadata search stuck on "looking disc up"

I select the manual metadata search option and type "https://musicbrainz.org/release/754d7b05-94f4-4f5a-82e5-5786f3e3f0c5" into the artist box (not sure where it is supposed to be entered). I get "looking disc up" message but no data is ever returned. I do have musicbrainz selected as one of the active providers. I have had success using the manual lookup when using the album title (not with this disc but with others), but have not had success using a url (either from musicbrainz of from discogs). I upgraded (purchased and installed) a new version of dbpoweramp in July 2020. Running on windows 10 (i5 processor).
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Manual metadata search stuck on "looking disc up"

You do not type in the artist line, you copy the url to the clipboard when that manual page is already loaded.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jeffkjeff
      • Oct 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
      You do not type in the artist line, you copy the url to the clipboard when that manual page is already loaded.
      Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I do not understand your response. So I choose the manual metadata option from the pull down menu. I am then presented with the cdripper manual metadata search popup screen with the artist box, album box, and lookup disc button. I then copy the url from musicbrainz to what clipboard? Sorry for my ignorance.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jeffkjeff; 10-13-2020, 12:57 PM. Reason: including screen shot

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

>I then copy the url from musicbrainz to what clipboard?

Yes, and that page will automatically retrieve that url.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jeffkjeff
          • Oct 2020

>I then copy the url from musicbrainz to what clipboard?

Yes, and that page will automatically retrieve that url.

Sorry - but I still not understanding where the clipboard is. Don't understand where to paste the url.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The clipboard, you browse to the location in your internet browser, then click on the address bar to select the URL, then right click on it >> Copy

that places it in the clipboard.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jeffkjeff
              • Oct 2020

The clipboard, you browse to the location in your internet browser, then click on the address bar to select the URL, then right click on it >> Copy

that places it in the clipboard.
              Thank you for your patience with me. I finally got it. I didn't realize that you did not have to paste the URL.

Comment

Working...

]]>