title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: R17.2 Bug - Explorer no longer showing values in Title and other tag columns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

R17.2 Bug - Explorer no longer showing values in Title and other tag columns

I was working with a bunch of my music files over the last day and a half, and earlier this afternoon noticed the prompt on the Main launch screen re upgrading to 17.2. A little while later I noticed that the title column was no longer being populated in Windows explorer. I checked, and neither were any other tag based columns such as Album, AlbumArtist, Genre, etc. This applies to both FLAC and MP3 files at least. Those are the only two types I have, so I can't verify if this would affect any others.

The tag based columns in explorer were working fine prior to the upgrade. This was easily noticeable/verifiable as one of the tasks I was doing was cleaning up some file names and their associated Title values in their tags. I was using Explorer to do the file name, and then would right click and edit the id tag, and after saving Explorer would immediately display any changes.

After the upgrade the title column was blank. Both before and after any edits. I added some other columns i don't normally display to see if the issue was column specific, and none had values

The tags are still there, in both the FLAC and MP3 versions of the files, as the idTag editor clearly shows, they just aren't showing up in explorer.

Some quick notes:

1) My primary usage and editing is done using the FLAC versions of my audio files, which is what I rip to. still, and as noted, I verified this was affecting MP3 as well. I have MP3 copies of all my files so they can be used on my phone.

2) Based on a response to this issue I found using doing a google search (not specific to dbPowerAMP) I tried running "sfc /scannow", Microsoft's system file checker, to see if there were a corrupt file that might be the source of the issue. No bad files were found.

3) Based on a different thread re another issue re 17.2 I tried uninstalling dBPowerAMP, rebooting, and then re-installing. That also did not fix the problem

4) system info:
    System: Windows 7 64-bit, 32 GB Ram
    dBPowerAmp 17.2 - Upgraded from 17.0 today

Thanks in advance for any info.
    Peter S

Administrator

Re: R17.2 Bug - Explorer no longer showing values in Title and other tag columns

Possible issue noted, we will look into this, it might take some time as we need to create a new Windows 7 OS.

Re: R17.2 Bug - Explorer no longer showing values in Title and other tag columns

BTW, I just noticed that the tag info is also not showing up in the file info area at the bottom of explorer when a specific file is selected. Instead I such things as "Title: Add a Title". I guess I shouldn't be surprised, whatever process is involved the information is clearly not being read correctly. Just confirming it's global in scope, and not specific to the browsing/file list area I guess.

Anyhow, let me know if you need screenshots and/or need any help testing.

Thanks again,
    Peter S

Administrator

Yeah, I had missed that the last time I updated. Just saw it a little while ago, and the workaround did fix the issue. Sorry for the added clutter.