title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: From CD to MP3 - How to save album name / song name metadata

From CD to MP3 - How to save album name / song name metadata

I just downloaded the trial version of dbPowerAmp and want to convert my CD to mp3 files using the Music Converter. I thought that it would name my music track with the actual name of the song but instead, when converting it from the CD, it simply names it as Track01.mp3. Maybe this is okay, but what I really want to happen is that when the mp3 is played on, for instance, my phone, the album name and song name would be displayed. How do I do this?

Please note that I am not a technical person so please explain this in plain English. Thanks so much! If this program does what I want it to do, then I'll buy it.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: From CD to MP3 - How to save album name / song name metadata

Hey geominer,

usually dBpa retrieves the metadata from a database (or CD Text) when you rip your CD to a digital audio file. If you only convert an audio file from one format to another the metadata is only transported from the source file to the destination file. The other possibility is to extract some informations from the filename and to store those in the metadata.

Dat Ei

Administrator

Re: From CD to MP3 - How to save album name / song name metadata

In CD Ripper when you insert the disc, is the artist name populated after a short delay?