title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Browse Tree: option to go directly to [All Albums]

Browse Tree: option to go directly to [All Albums]

I've setup favorites on mConnect HD to allow direct access to Albums/[All Albums].

However, I have 3 instances of Asset UPnP running and the favorite folders all show up as the same name:
    [All Albums]
    [All Albums]
    [All Albums]

So I don't know which one is which.

OK, this may be an mConnect issue, but wouldn't there be anyway to add a distinguishing string directly in Asset UPnP?
    [All Albums] - instance*2

Better even: actually, the reason why I've been running into this issue is that I could not find a way to have direct access to All Albums from the top level. (I've looked at the various Browse Tree options.) I like Asset UPnP's ability to browse the tree in many different ways, but sometimes you just want see all albums without thinking too much. And my family certainly seems to want to do that.

Or am I missing something?

Administrator

Re: Browse Tree: option to go directly to [All Albums]

The UPnP instance name is given at the root level, before the tree is shown, mConnect must be bypassing that.

Thanks. How about the other issue?

> [COLOR=*333333]I could not find a way to have direct access to [All Albums] from the top level

Namely, I would like to be able to see all albums without having to go through the indirection Albums -> [All Albums][/COLOR]

Administrator

Turn off the a-z option for albums in the browse tree.

Perfect, thanks!