title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Fix existing Covers

Red face Fix existing Covers

Hi there,
    I have a hard disk with FLAC music. All of them are tagged with covers. But my Cambridge Audio network player only recognize covers, when they are save separately in the same file as a jpg or png. When I know start PerfectTunes the existing covers will be recognize and not changed automatically. Is there an option to change them automatically ? I could fix them by myself cover for cover. But this is time-consuming. It would be nice if there is a simple thing to run it automatically. Thank you.

Administrator

Re: Fix existing Covers

dBpoweramp could do this, you have the utility codec 'ID Tag Update' which can import the art to the file, then export the art to folder.jpg. You can convert the whole music library in one go to this virtual codec to update the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    dBpoweramp could do this, you have the utility codec 'ID Tag Update' which can import the art to the file, then export the art to folder.jpg. You can convert the whole music library in one go to this virtual codec to update the art.
    Thank you, but this was not the solution The problem is: Cambridge can't recognize the integrated covers in Tags. A separately cover is needed. This is a shame. But my problem.

Administrator

My solution will give you a folder.jpg file with the album art, it should recognize that?

Quote Originally Posted by sundin23 View Post
    Hi there,
    I have a hard disk with FLAC music. All of them are tagged with covers. But my Cambridge Audio network player only recognize covers, when they are save separately in the same file as a jpg or png. When I know start PerfectTunes the existing covers will be recognize and not changed automatically. Is there an option to change them automatically ? I could fix them by myself cover for cover. But this is time-consuming. It would be nice if there is a simple thing to run it automatically. Thank you.
    I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but I had similar desires for a way to "fix" artwork similar to yours. You want to conveniently make sure all artwork is a certain file format, and I wanted to adjust all artwork to be perfectly square instead of off little (like 800x799).

I wanted to share that MP3Tag has recently added a Quick Actions feature that performs both of these actions at once. You can set what type of file format you want your images (JPEG or PNG) and you can set the limit of your file size as well as if it is square. (PerfectTunes will handle size limits, and just a note that the square option in MP3Tag is in the OSX version only right now but likely will be ported over)

You can batch process your whole library at once and it will address the issue you have, no sweat.

Not trying to offend the developer here (I've purchased many products here and love them) but I find MP3Tag is a good complement to PerfectTunes and I think those Covert Art functions are a game changer. Would love to see them incorporated in Perfect Tunes someday.