title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: M4a size

M4a size

when convert to m4a from foobar give a lil more small size than dbpoweramp any reason why dbpoweramp make m4a a lil more big?

Administrator

Re: M4a size

What are the size differences?

My bad it was the other way around dbpoweramp was makin m4a small and foobar2000 was makin m4a a lil big here screenshot one on left from dbpoweramp and one on right from foobar Untitled (2)v.png

What i did convert an m4a file from itunes store to qaac m4a to reduce the bitrate a bit and what i notice itunes encoder and foobar both give out the same size while dbpoweramp is makin m4a size smaller don't know what that is about!

Came across similar same thing cause i notice dbpoweramp flac size is somewhat big compare to the flac conversion from xld and it was at same compression levels don't know if this a bug or what

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Wmi View Post
    Came across similar same thing cause i notice dbpoweramp flac size is somewhat big compare to the flac conversion from xld and it was at same compression levels don't know if this a bug or what

Do both files have identical metadata? And what about tag (metadata) buffer size. This could differ across different encoders.

EDIT: And you can use the dbpoweramp utility DSP "Calculate Audio CRC R3" to calculate the audio CRCs of the two different files. They should be identical (as these CRCs are based on the audio content only, not the tag info).
    Last edited by garym; 10-11-2020 at 02:50 PM.